“Hotel Manager Saves the Day”

Clarion Suites Downtown
Ranked #32 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I was supposed to have a reservation for two nights. When I checked in, I discovered that I only had the first night. (Reservation made by "U.S. Travel"). There was a big conference in town. Sarah, the manager, was able to work some magic and got me the 2nd night in the same room!

Room Tip: Parking is free...which is significant for downtown Anchorage.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank George S

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Check in was smooth and easy, friendly reception staff. We were tired and she gave us the telephone no.to order take-away food which was a great help. The spacious suite had everything one need. Beds are very comfortable and very clean.The laundry was a great help after 10 days on the road. Breakfast was good. The hotel is centrally situated, walking distance to center city. The shuttle very convenient. We needed to book at another hotel for our 2nd night stay and the reception desk did the booking and the shuttle took us there, which we really appreciated. We can recommend a wonderful stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joles2013
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed at the Clarion Downtown, Anchorage this past week. The rooms are very clean. We had plenty of towels. The beds are comfortable and we had enough blankets to keep us warm. (I like a lot of blankets). You can adjust the temperature of the heat easily just how you like it. The rooms are quite. The front desk staff was always very helpful in answering any questions I had with directions or where to eat. It is in a good location, just a few blocks from the museums and places of interests. We rented a car, but I believe you can take a shuttle to many places you want to go see. The Clarion also has a nice hot breakfast bar with scramble eggs, bacon, sausage, danish rolls, fresh fruit and yogurt, etc. Our room overlooked the park that was nice too.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank redhead2008Illinois
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Great place to stay in Anchorage, wonderful Alaska resident rate. Front desk is extremely helpful. breakfast was good, rooms are alittle out dated but clean. Free parking and wi-fi. We will deffinately stay again.

Room Tip: Top floor park side
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank AKtraveler5757
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Comfortable hotel, triple rooms available, room clean and nicely furnished, staff very helpful. 5 minute walk from main downtown area, Free parking and shuttle to airport, 2 minute walk to the 'Tony Mills' trail.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank 56Anna56
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The customer service was horrendous! Aside of the clogged sink, broken pipes leaking water into my belongings and leaving black sediment everywhere for me to clean up - I would never treat my clients like that! The Assistant General Manager along with her male Housekeeping Supervisor are "Bullies". The male Housekeeping Supervisor opened the door to the room while my children (ages 10 & 16) were changing reminding us of the check out time (which we had exceeded by a few minutes at that point). When I asked him to please step out of the room and close the door till my girls were dressed he proceed to enter further into the room, keeping one hand on the open door & restating check out time. My kids covered themselves in the corner of the bedroom and crouched down hollering "MOM!". I had to ask him a total of 4 times to please exit the room till my daughters were dressed before I personally had to escort him through the door - allowing me to close it behind me. I went to the Assistant General Manager who then express no apology or concern what-so-ever for the safety or embarrassment of my girls, supported her male Housekeeping Supervisor's actions, and was only concerned with the additional 4 minutes that the girls were in the room changing. When I told her that I wanted to file a complaint and asked for her name, position, business card & phone number to Corporate she ordered me off the premises and laughed as she added "look it up on line". The only response I was ever afforded by the male Housekeeping Supervisor was "you ordered me out of the room & I couldn't see anything anyways". Frankly I'm disgusted and all of you should be as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank O2TravelTheWorld
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We arrived in Anchorage a night ahead of our Alaskan cruise. We chose this hotel mostly because it had a free airport shuttle which picked us up promptly and free breakfast. The hotel staff were very helpful and helped book us a taxi as we were a family of 5 we needed a minivan. Which came on time and dropped us off at the convention center. Breakfast was in fact very good for a complimentary type one.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family