US$246
US$208
QualityInn
Comfort Inn Ship Creek(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$240
ComfortInn
US$301
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$334/night.

US$277
US$212
US$284
US$273
Priceline
All reviewsbenihana restaurantsitting areabreakfast was includedflat screenseveral blocksmicrowave and fridgefree shuttlethe hotel is conveniently locatedwould stay here againcomfortable hotelair conditionerliving roomguest laundrythe breakfast areaafter midnightworkout roomhot breakfast
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here. It’s an older hotel and lacking some luxuries admittedly. However the staff are very friendly, the rooms were clean, large with a separate sitting area and comfortable. There is lots of parking. It’s located an easy walk from the main shopping and restaurant area. There’s a large park right behind the hotel as well. There was always more then enough food at breakfast. Would certainly stay again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There was a constant backlog of guests who were signed up for airport shuttles that did not arrive or depart on time.

The wifi connection was extremely slow, and on top of that it disconnected your phone when the screen lock came on, or your computer after being idle for 10-15 minutes. This was the case for both myself and my coworker.

Now for the real issue. During my stay, my hotel room was burglarized and hotel management never once reached out or met me face to face. They never asked about a police report, asked about what or how it was stolen, or asked if I was okay. While there were a few very helpful desk attendants, some of the staff that I did come in contact with was extremely unprofessional about the situation, one even telling me that the situation was my own fault. Later in my stay, my car was broken into in the hotel parking lot. Once again management never reached out, and stayed in the back room only relaying information through front desk attendants. They refused to even check front door video footage that might have seen the perpetrator until a police report was provided to them. I was never contacted on whether they found anything or not. On the note of security, there are no cameras with clear views of the parking lot, or in the hallways of the hotel. In just the 18 days that I stayed there, I saw police arrive for two separate instances where other guests were stolen from, and I witnessed homeless people sleeping in the stairwells. The fact that Clarion isn't doing anything about the obviously rampant crime going on in their hotel is astounding.

I have never had this bad of an experience with a Choice Hotel, but I will avoid them in the future. I truly hope that this survey does something to change a management situation that can be described as unprofessional and pathetic at best.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
ClarionGuestService, Guest Agent at Clarion Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

First, I want to thank you for your feedback. While I wish, you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We sincerely apologize for everything that happen during your stay. We will make sure this message is passed down to Management so this wont happen again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Initially we thought this hotel might be a bit far from the centre, but soon realised Anchorage is not a large place and we could easily walk to restaurants, bars and the many souvenir shops. Our rooms were fine, no complaints and we slept well, overlooking a football field at the front of the hotel. Rooms were quiet with air con. Breakfast was noisy and far from relaxing as the supervisor shouted loudly at everyone and tried to make table space and complained vociferously at people who were eating standing up - but there were no free tables!!! The dining room is not equipped to deal with the 8.30-9am rush. It would be better if breakfast was available until 10am. (We had travelled for 24 hours the previous day and would have welcomed eating later, but had to get up, as breakfast was included in the price.) Staff were generally pleasant and the receptionist was kind enough to answer all our questions about the area, telling us our initial plans for the day would be costly in taxis and suggesting we took a tour to walk up Flat Top Mountain - an excellent choice and she instructed us where to find the shop selling the tour. Hotel is close to the coastal path which is a pleasant walk or cycle.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Checking in was an experience I do not want to repeat. The front desk staff was rude and clueless. Two people were being trained at the same time by one person who kept moving back and forth. Reservations for early June stay were made 2 1/2 months in advance. When checking in, I overhead my daughter in law's rate was $40 per night less and she reserved the room 2 days prior to stay. I asked if they would match her rate and was told "rates change all the time." When I then asked about the Best Rate Guarantee for Choice Members sign on the counter next to me, I was told it didn't apply since I made the reservation on a 3rd party website. I booked on the Clarion website and she used Hotel.com!! The fine print on the "guarantee" is only for a short period of time from date of booking but no one there knew that. The Sales Manager in charge offered $20 per night and I ended up accepting it after reading the entire guarantee terms the next day. I intended to speak with the general manager but she was away the entire 5 days I stayed there. I also reserved a 2nd room and requested it on the top floor AWAY from the elevator and was assured by 2 people it would be set aside but when that person checked in, the only room available was across from the elevator. Linens and towels are only changed every 3 days and when new sheets were requested nothing was done. My daugher finally called housekeeping and a set was delivered but no offer to make the bed (isn't this one of the perks of staying at a hotel?) Ceiling fan and light did not work independant of each other. They are on the opposite end of the room from the a/c so sleeping in that area was uncomfortable. The entire facility appeared to be run down and is in need of updating. Oh, and be sure to be in the breakfast room well be 9am, the door is closed and locked at 9 and everyone still eating is strongly encourage to "hurry up."

Stayed: June 2018
ClarionGuestService, Guest service Agent at Clarion Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

it's disappointing to hear that the service given by the staff failed to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very popular among price conscern travellers this hotel is still ok but it is in need of a serious overall. Its liked it is frozen in time with the original decor at the time of its construction! Rooms are spacious and clean but tiles on the floor were loose in the bathroom and the bedspread vintage. Breakfast is included in the price but you better arrive early to enjoy it! The breakfast area is too small for the number of guests/rooms; it is noisy (staff does not do things quietly and there are lineup at the door.

Room Tip: all rooms are the same!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple