“Interested in donating blood?”
Review of Econo Inn

Econo Inn
Ranked #65 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
North Pole, Alaska
“Interested in donating blood?”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Find your way to room 111 as there will a plentiful abundance of bed bugs to feast on your body. SICK! Pay the extra money and stay somewhere else. Don't bother trying to give them a heads up about the infestation as they will deny it. It is not worth the cost at the hospital!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Sarah L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Elk City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 22 July 2012

This is a horrible place! Dirty, no disgusting! Really really shady characters running around. Yes the price sounds good, but you would be better off sleeping on a park bench with bears, and it would be a whole lot cleaner! Not worth risking safety...

• Stayed July 2012
8 Thank TexinOkie

Travellers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Reviewed 20 July 2012

It was an awful hotel!!!! The other guests were horribly rude, the hotel room was very dirty, and there were bed bugs!!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank Peachygirl1016
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Found bed bugs in my bed. Talked to front desk clerk, she refused to talk to me. Talked to manager and showed him the bugs crawling around my bed. Insisted it was dried tobacco and not insects. They were literally crawling all over the sheets. Denied it was bugs, refused any sort of refund. Never ever stay here, not worth the money, headache, lying owners or incompetence!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012
8 Thank terryjohnston1957
Reviewed 16 June 2012

This hotel is the cheapest in town for a reason. The girl below me that wrote she had a fabolous time there is either mentally challenged or just use to being dirty! THERE ARE BED BUGS!!!!!!! ALOT OF THEM. When you go tell management about them they try to come at you as if your making the whole story up about the bugs crawling on you even when they come to your room and see the bugs for themselves the first thing they say is " I have to wait to see what my manager says to do". As if its normal to have bugs Ans baby roaches in your bed. Outside behind the building where you park at smells like dead fish and it seeps in your room. The shower is extremely small when you step in your half way out! PLEASE FOR YOUR OWN GOOD DO NOT GO TO THIS MOTEL AND PLEASE DONT BRING YOUR CHILDREN TO A DISGUSTING PLACE LIKE THAT! If your use to sleeping with bugs and foul smells then you will fit right in! Also customer service is horrible

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank mochakisses
Fairbanks Ak
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I just recently stayed at Econo Inn, on a trip up to Alaska for my friends graduation.. I enjoyed my stay there, and didnt have any issues with bedbugs at all, so I dont exactly know what the guy before me saw, but from what I got from it you were just looking for a place to crash for a couple hours and then complain to get your money back. when I checked in I asked them about bed bugs, and the person behind the desk assured me that they didnt have any bed bugs. That they have a professional that goes in there and checks them out on a regular bases and they have came out clean every time. I loved my stay, room was perfect, kinda warm but other than that no complaints from me. I would tell all my friends and family to stay at this place!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jessica M
Reviewed 17 April 2012

First off after I paid and got to my room the place goes from mediocre cleaned to disgusting and smells like urine. Then when I was ready to go to bed I checked the sheets and found a bug but since it was small I didn't make a big deal out of it. When I laid down I saw another bug much bigger on my pillow!! It was a BED BUG!! I rapidly stripped the whole bed and found MORE BUGS, on the bottom edge of the sheets, the center of the bed and even on the mattress!! We called the front desk guy and showed it to him. He took pictures and so did we. He apologized and gave us instructions how to wash our clothes and how to clean everything we had there. We left and asked for our money back since we were there for only 2 hours. He said he wasn't allowed to but to come back the next morning to talk to the manager and/or the owner. So we went back the next morning and the lady wouldn't give us our money back. She said "they didn't find anything". She wouldn't go with us up to the room and check it again. We even told her to charge us for the 2 hours we were there and to give us the rest of our money back. She pretty much said we were making it up. We told her that her own employee saw them and took pictures and that we also have pictures, she said that that was nothing. So we told her to go up to the room with us and if we didn't find anything then she could keep our money but if we did then she would have to give us our money back. She said yes but took 2 steps and then changed her mind! And said that it wasn't a good idea, it was a waste of her time. And just like that she left. I strongly recommend to NOT stay at this place, it is infested with BED BUGS, it is disgusting, smells horrible and the CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TERRIBLE!

• Stayed April 2012