Econo Inn
Lakeshore Inn & Suites(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$128
US$322
US$301
EmbassySuites.com
Anchorage Grand Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$260
Hotels.com
US$209
US$203
Best Western Golden Lion Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$144
BestWestern.com
Hotel Alyeska(Girdwood)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$210
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Staff very polite. Shuttle available for any time. Room confortable and price/quality ratio extremely good. And the hotel is 5 minutes walkig from downtown. I definitively recomend this hotel! Inside the hotel there is also an excellent chinese/japanese restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Alberto D
Reviewed 2 July 2013

As my ATM card was unable to work at the airport, I could not pay for a taxi to my originally booked accommodation. Looking at my guidebook, the Econo Inn was recommended as a budget option and I could book it via the bank of phones in the airport. They arranged for the shuttle to pick me up, and it arrived promptly. Even though it was past 1 am the staff member who drove me and the lady who checked me in were both very pleasant.
The room was not very nice - mostly because it stank of cigarettes. Not just a light smell, but a clothes penetrating smell. I had to wash my night clothes the next day when I moved on to my new accommodation.
There were two beds in the room and although it was somewhat shabby it was basically fine. There was a small bathroom which was clean.
My experience there wasn't awful - mostly because of the nice staff and I never felt unsafe, but the unbelievably strong smell of cigarettes was overwhelming and highlighted the shabbiness of the place.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank NorthWestLondoner
Reviewed 27 August 2012

This is not a hotel for travelers (wink). Holes in the wall, dirty everything, and such a creepy place it was hard to sleep. It surprises me that they book vacation travelers, since it seemed like a residence hotel that would not pass an inspection for a homeless shelter. You are truly better off sleeping in the park with the bears.

Room Tip: Days Inn and Sheraton are within a block.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Karen H
Reviewed 12 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed here with a tour group. No heat in the rooms the first night. Night 2= too hot. One window never could open, and the one that did open the 1st night was broken the 2nd. 2 guys in our group had 2 strangers enter their room at 2am. With a key. No one's key worked for more than 1 use. Stay away.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank drdiquila
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Find your way to room 111 as there will a plentiful abundance of bed bugs to feast on your body. SICK! Pay the extra money and stay somewhere else. Don't bother trying to give them a heads up about the infestation as they will deny it. It is not worth the cost at the hospital!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple