“Stay away! Extremely dirty rooms and property and no breakfast.”
Review of Econo Inn

Econo Inn
Ranked #64 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
New York City, New York
“Stay away! Extremely dirty rooms and property and no breakfast.”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

It usually takes really bad quality of service overall to make me leave a bad review. Unfortunately, I stayed at this place due to my flight delay and cancellation of another hotel I had booked. I know alaska is expensive and I wasn't expecting anything above 2 star for 100 dollars a night (amount I paid for econo inn)...there are too many bad things with this place. You won't get the continental breakfast because either it's too early or not too any guests are there. Conveniently they still keep on advertising it! This motel is extremely dirty. All towels had short black hair which difficult to remove. Water wouldn't drain and shower was a mess. Hair were stuck in the sink. Carpet was probably 30 years old and felt greasy. There was noisy work going on through out the night. Most of the crowd living at this place looked suspicious. I could not believe that this place actually was allowed to provide service (or in other words rob people off with fake advertising)

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Zee L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Juneau, Alaska
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

The room was very very very hot- you could not turn the heat down. The room had a fan the was attached the the room light, so when you turn light out, the fan was off. I complaint several times about the heat in the room. Nothing was done. I had the window wide open and it was 19* out and I was still sweating. The room was never cleaned or the trash removed for the there days I was there. The last night- the room across from me- they was remodeling and worked all night putting flooring down. I asked how late they were going to do this and he said they would shut the door. Did not help with the hammering and pounding. The price is not worth it even if it was free.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Boxxie L

Travellers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Seattle
Reviewed 7 September 2013

The free shuttle arrived within 20 minutes of the free call from the airport phone bank. The driver and staff were very courteous and helpful. On this warm, 78-degree, late July day, the a/c worked well, the free Spring-Water Fountain in the lobby came in handy. Beds, Bathroom and Lobby were Clean and Comfortable; TV was old; channels were limited as were the free muffins and coffee for breakfast. Our room, (as well as all the others we saw), on the ground floor was not handicap accessible. We spent one night prior to our one-way Princess cruise to Vancouver, Canada; but would have gladly spent more. The less than $100, (out the door per night), was well worth it. Asian restaurant on site, Wells Fargo bank shares the parking lot, Quick Mart at the gas station across the street, two blocks to a couple of night clubs, six blocks to, (two), liquor/beer stores and a supermarket, seven blocks to downtown or take the People Mover bus out your door for $1.75 each way or $5 for an all day pass. People Mover bus 7a is also convenient to/fro the airport to the depot downtown. Stay Well My Friends.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank flystayplay
Muncie, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Despite other reviews this hotel was very clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The only downfall to this hotel is that the walls are thin so I did hear the people above me and I could hear people going up and down the stairs. I would definitely stay here the next time I visit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kristina B
Milan, Lombardia, Italy
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Staff very polite. Shuttle available for any time. Room confortable and price/quality ratio extremely good. And the hotel is 5 minutes walkig from downtown. I definitively recomend this hotel! Inside the hotel there is also an excellent chinese/japanese restaurant.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Alberto D
London
Reviewed 2 July 2013

As my ATM card was unable to work at the airport, I could not pay for a taxi to my originally booked accommodation. Looking at my guidebook, the Econo Inn was recommended as a budget option and I could book it via the bank of phones in the airport. They arranged for the shuttle to pick me up, and it arrived promptly. Even though it was past 1 am the staff member who drove me and the lady who checked me in were both very pleasant.
The room was not very nice - mostly because it stank of cigarettes. Not just a light smell, but a clothes penetrating smell. I had to wash my night clothes the next day when I moved on to my new accommodation.
There were two beds in the room and although it was somewhat shabby it was basically fine. There was a small bathroom which was clean.
My experience there wasn't awful - mostly because of the nice staff and I never felt unsafe, but the unbelievably strong smell of cigarettes was overwhelming and highlighted the shabbiness of the place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank NorthWestLondoner
Jersey Shore, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 August 2012

This is not a hotel for travelers (wink). Holes in the wall, dirty everything, and such a creepy place it was hard to sleep. It surprises me that they book vacation travelers, since it seemed like a residence hotel that would not pass an inspection for a homeless shelter. You are truly better off sleeping in the park with the bears.

Room Tip: Days Inn and Sheraton are within a block.