“Many promises - few deliveries”

Courtyard Anchorage Airport
Ranked #22 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard on our way back from Seward. We traveled from Seward to Anchorage by train and arrived downtown Anchorage at 10:30pm June 23 2013. When we called for the "complimentary shuttle" to pick us up, we were told very bluntly that they did not pick up at the downtown depot. Had to pay a taxi $20 to get to our hotel. Room was ok, but staff was somewhat unconcerned with clientel it seemed. When we went for breakfast before leaving Anchorage the next day, there was a joke of a breakfast counter with no one to help. We will never stay there again. We got excellent service at the hotel across the street during our vacation.

Room Tip: If you just ant to sleep and dont mind paying to get there (so much for complimentary shuttle servic...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BOBA0000
NMS-Lodging, Director of Marketing at Courtyard Anchorage Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Hello -
I recently received a copy of your review and want to thank you for the feedback. Our goal is to provide great service, but it sounds like we didn’t meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apology.

We didn’t do a very good job communicating the shuttle route. It’s listed online as “Airport shuttle service”, but I’ll double-check all our other listings. Our guests expect fast airport shuttle service, and to keep that going, unfortunately we are unable to transport guests to and from the train station. The Bistro staff serves breakfast M-F from 6am to 10am and weekends from 7am to 11am.

Thanks again,
Shelley
Director of Marketing

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Anchorage Airport

Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

I can't think of one thing that was at all special about this hotel. The location was close to the airport but pretty far from downtown. I stayed at another downtown hotel from a chain even tough I'm loyal to Marriott and found it far superior.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My family and I spent one night, July 3, at the Courtyard Marriott Anchorage Airport at the beginning of our 10-day tour of Alaska. There were 7 of us in our group and this hotel fit our needs for a place to stay the afternoon of our arrival in Alaska.

The rooms were clean and well-furnished. The service was friendly and efficient. There are no sights to see near this hotel, nor many dining options other than a couple of fast food places. With a free airport shuttle, staying here is convenient for arrival from or departure to the airport, but otherwise doesn’t have much to offer for vacationers.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We were a group of four with two rooms reserved independently at the Courtyard Anchorage Airport for the night of July 4th with a late arrival credit card guarantee.

We arrived at about 12 midnight and were greeted by Ruth. I was informed that my reservation had been canceled and I no longer had reservations. My friends were also told that there were no rooms left.

I asked for clarification and was told that a party of five had checked in under my name and that a second reservation under my name was canceled. I asked who canceled the reservation and was told that a Marriott desk person by the name of Maria had done so at 900PM. i replied that this made no sense since I was in the air on a plane at that time.

Finally, the desk clerk relented and gave us two rooms. Strange since there were no rooms only minutes before. Seems like they enjoy taunting their customers.

My theory is simply that the hotel resold reservations at a higher rate instead of honoring reservations. This does not bode well for people making reservations at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lawrence C
NMS-Lodging, Director of Marketing at Courtyard Anchorage Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Hello –
I recently received a copy of your review and want to thank you for the feedback. Our inventory management missed the mark on that day. Please accept my sincere apology.

I’m checking with the hotel manager now to see if there are any additional details on the double booking and cancellation of your reservation in order to sort that out.

As far as rooms becoming instantly available, during the busy summer months all hotels slightly overbook to accommodate for the usual last-minute cancellations. On rare occasions when everyone who booked a room shows up, we all have to walk guests to alternate nearby hotels. That is most likely what was planned to free up two rooms for you. I can assure you that we do not cancel reservations to re-book rooms at a higher rate.

Shelley
Director of Marketing

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We just stayed overnight between flights. We were put in a ground floor facing the parking lot, just off the front desk. The mattress was EXTREMELY hard. The coffee cups were demitasse size (extremely small). I like to stay at Marriott's and am a Silver Card holder. I was really disappointed. I won't be back to this Marriott.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I've visited the Last Frontier during the blistering winters, the vibrant springs and the Courtyard was always received us in a warmly manner. The lounge area has a beautiful fireplace and the shuttle service staff went the extra mile to drop us off at some great eats only found in Anchorage. I highly recommend a window seat reservation at Simon and Seafort's- a magnificent panoramic view awaits you.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We stayed here on two separate stays during our Alaska vacation. The airport shuttle came promptly both times. Our rooms were spacious and comfortable. The bistro was a pleasant surprise. They have many healthy food selections and the food was good quality. We ate there for breakfast and dinner on both stays. The menu is somewhat limited but they do have additional items that are not on the posted menus for some reason. We also used the laundry facilities with no problems. Enjoyed the nice garden outside our first floor window. The price seems high, but when you compare it to other hotels in Anchorage, the price is pretty good. Alaska is expensive! I would definitely stay here again if I find myself in Anchorage again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends