“Convenient to Anchorage”

Ranked #17 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Convenient to Anchorage”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We arrived at "rush hour" as there was a long line of guests checking in, but there were two associates who helped to keep the line moving. I asked if an upgrade was available (I'm Platinum Premier in the Marriott Rewards program) and was asked what type of upgraded I would like. I was told there was the possibility of a suite or a jacuzzi room. I opted for the suite and had no problems getting that for the length of our short stay. Even though the hotel is near the airport we weren't bothered my airplane noise. The hotel has an airport shuttle, but we did not utilize it. There are a number of restaurants that you can walk to if you don't have a car. The location is good for exploring Anchorage and the surrounding area. Since Anchorage isn't that big of a city we didn't see any benefit to pay more to stay downtown.

Our suite consisted of two rooms and the living room had a sofa, desk, tv, microwave, coffee maker, and mini-fridge. It was nice to have the extra room as my husband was waking up early due to the time difference, and he could watch tv without disturbing me. There was a large vanity, which was nice that we could both have our things out and not be in each others way. There was ample free parking and the WiFi was also complimentary. We had no problems with the WiFi. The hotel does have a bistro open for breakfast and dinner, but we did not eat here. There is also a lobby lounge. There are several computers located off the lobby that are available for internet use, and printing of boarding passes. Associates were always friendly and helpful. The only problem we encountered was when our keys were deactivated on the day of departure. We had gone out for a bit and when we returned prior to check-out our keys didn't work. I went back down to the front desk and the associate apologized and re-activated my key. The room rate was a bit high for mid-September, but I guess that's Anchorage!

We've stayed here several times and when back in Anchorage we'll stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Overall not a bad stay, but the thing that will make me not stay here again is the poor internet service. Very slow and it was a challange to stay productive. The workout room is not near as nice as it looks in the pictures online. Olypitical machine is broke and the weight bench is wobbles. Good service and friendly staff.

New Zealand
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night - arrived late and left early the next day. Got a good last minute deal on Hotels.com. Hotel room was a good size, clean, modern and sound proof. Great to have a laundry and coffee shop on site. Was really pleased with our stay and was minutes to the airport which was perfect

Colorado
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stayed here just one night, but will definitely stay again on our next trip. The staff is simply fantastic--the most friendly, helpful, courteous crew at every level I've ever come across. Seriously, this outfit is doing something right with staffing. From the shuttle drivers, to front desk, to housekeeping, to the maintenance crew, I was astounded at how every one of them would say hello, how is your stay, what can we do for you, etc.

The facility is in great shape too--furniture is in good repair, electronics work, bed was very comfortable, plenty of pillows provided, thermostat controls were functional and plenty of hot water with good pressure. They also have freezer space available for guests to use--i.e. to bring home fresh seafood, etc.

This place has earned our respect and future business. Two thumbs up!

Room Tip: top floor, end of hall away from elevator traffic
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 September 2013

stayed with cy couple of times when im in town,always the best great friendly staff!
people here complain and nag and complain ,for what?theyknow cy never offer free breakfast!!but yet they keep coming back hoping to pull off another scheme!! good luck at puffin inn!! for those who likes troubles and nags too much go stay at CHELSEA INN!!! hookers will await you dumb people need to go stay somewhere else..people like you make the world end to soon.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank fok y
Fredericksburg, Texas
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Mrs. 4gen and I spent what was left of the night here upon our midnight arrival in Anchorage. Shuttle took 20 minutes to pick us up, though the hotel is only 5 minutes away. Check in was fast, room was clean, bed was comfortable and the hotel was quiet. We were gone by 9 the next morning to start our Alaska vacation. $220 for 9 hours! I know, Alaska is expensive.

I will say the 2 times I asked for assistance from front desk personnel, they were very helpful and happy to oblige.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I've been to many other courtyard's and this one is NOT one of their best. I expect more for $229.00 a night. It starts with a late pick up at the airport and goes down hill from there. I can't believe you must cart your own luggage inside from the van, because the driver has another airport pickup. NO paper delivered to your room. NO free breakfast, not a hot breakfast, not even a cheap continental breakfast) you can get free coffee). On of the lights in my room did not work. The room was clean and the bed was ok. This is not a motel 6 or Super 8 which I'd give in most places a 2-3 star. But for the price of this hotel I can only give it a low 4 at best. Next time I'll try the Puffin or Comfort Inn. I'll get more for less