We arrived at "rush hour" as there was a long line of guests checking in, but there were two associates who helped to keep the line moving. I asked if an upgrade was available (I'm Platinum Premier in the Marriott Rewards program) and was asked what type of upgraded I would like. I was told there was the possibility of a suite or a jacuzzi room. I opted for the suite and had no problems getting that for the length of our short stay. Even though the hotel is near the airport we weren't bothered my airplane noise. The hotel has an airport shuttle, but we did not utilize it. There are a number of restaurants that you can walk to if you don't have a car. The location is good for exploring Anchorage and the surrounding area. Since Anchorage isn't that big of a city we didn't see any benefit to pay more to stay downtown.
Our suite consisted of two rooms and the living room had a sofa, desk, tv, microwave, coffee maker, and mini-fridge. It was nice to have the extra room as my husband was waking up early due to the time difference, and he could watch tv without disturbing me. There was a large vanity, which was nice that we could both have our things out and not be in each others way. There was ample free parking and the WiFi was also complimentary. We had no problems with the WiFi. The hotel does have a bistro open for breakfast and dinner, but we did not eat here. There is also a lobby lounge. There are several computers located off the lobby that are available for internet use, and printing of boarding passes. Associates were always friendly and helpful. The only problem we encountered was when our keys were deactivated on the day of departure. We had gone out for a bit and when we returned prior to check-out our keys didn't work. I went back down to the front desk and the associate apologized and re-activated my key. The room rate was a bit high for mid-September, but I guess that's Anchorage!
We've stayed here several times and when back in Anchorage we'll stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard by Marriott surrounds travelers with the conveniences that make business and pleasure travel easy. Relax and get ready for the day ahead in one of our spacious guest rooms with plush bedding, well lit work desk with ergonomic chair, two phones with data ports, complimentary wireless internet access, microwave & refrigerator, complimentary weekday newspaper and in-room coffee. Plus, it's close to the airport and we offer complimentary airport shuttle service. Enjoy our newly redesigned lobby, with coffee and cocktail bar and media pods. The Bistro serves breakfast and dinner.When you need to unwind at the end of the day, take advantage of our swimming pool, whirlpool and exercise room. Courtyard: the hotel designed by business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard Anchorage Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Anchorage Airport Hotel Anchorage
- Anchorage Courtyard
- Anchorage Marriott
- Courtyard Anchorage Airport Alaska