Courtyard Anchorage Airport
Lakeshore Inn & Suites(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$100
Comfort Inn Ship Creek(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$71
Anchorage Grand Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$67
QualityInn
US$67
ClarionHotels
Best Western Golden Lion Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$111
BestWestern.com
Dimond Center Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$140
The Hotel Captain Cook(Anchorage)
US$185
  • Pool
All reviewscourtyard by marriotttypical courtyardanchorage airportfront desk staffnext morningrental caran early flightcheck in was easyquiet roomfree shuttleclean hotelup to dateshuttle servicepool and hot tublobbyhooddowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 October 2013

The Courtyard is just a five minute drive from the airport so very convenient if you come in late. It is a standard Courtyard with the nice "lounge" off the reception desk. They have an assortment of snacks, light meals and beverages in the evening. I think the prices are a little high but they are the same as all other Courtyards. The staff was great - from check-in to the lounge staff. I will say some of the guests are a little shady looking and I was a bit worried about my car as there always seemed to be young men hanging around in the car park with the hotel doors wedged open. That said - it was find.

I asked for a quiet corner room, which they happily provided. But it was a bit of an initial disappointment because you could hear the planes taking off and there was some very odd loud noise (perhaps a ventilation system of some sort) always on outside the window. I did get used to this after one night and I actually like listening to planes. So this is just a warning depending on your noise tolerance.

The room was standard Courtyard and they quickly accommodated my request for feather pillows. As others have noted the internet is not the greatest but it is free. The room was clean and comes with both microwave and mini-fridge. That would be doubly useful in the dead of winter when you don't want to go out for dinner at night!

All-in-all, I was happy with the value for the price I paid (a weekend discounted rate). And I will come back again.

Room Tip: Skip the highest numbers (x60-x70) if you are bothered by noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
NMS-Lodging, Director of Marketing at Courtyard Anchorage Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Hello –

I recently received a copy of your review and want to thank you for the feedback. Our goal is to not only provide great service, but also a property where guests feel safe. Please accept my sincere apology for the fact that you were worried about your car in the parking lot. The manager on duty walks the property several times a day and calls the local police if there is anything suspicious. There are also security cameras inside the hotel in common areas that are monitored constantly. The manager is looking into the specifics for the day you mentioned.

Thanks again for the feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Shelley
Director of Marketing

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Very easy to find from airport. Staff were helpful and friendly. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Had a nice meal downstairs at the bistro and enjoyed our coffee in the morning. Making reservation was easy and found all info online. Location is good for airport, shopping and park. The Marriott was quiet, clean and helpful even at our late arrival. We only stayed one night, and would stay again if we vacation again in Alaska. We did not need internet....we still used our phones to check email and had no problems.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We arrived at "rush hour" as there was a long line of guests checking in, but there were two associates who helped to keep the line moving. I asked if an upgrade was available (I'm Platinum Premier in the Marriott Rewards program) and was asked what type of upgraded I would like. I was told there was the possibility of a suite or a jacuzzi room. I opted for the suite and had no problems getting that for the length of our short stay. Even though the hotel is near the airport we weren't bothered my airplane noise. The hotel has an airport shuttle, but we did not utilize it. There are a number of restaurants that you can walk to if you don't have a car. The location is good for exploring Anchorage and the surrounding area. Since Anchorage isn't that big of a city we didn't see any benefit to pay more to stay downtown.

Our suite consisted of two rooms and the living room had a sofa, desk, tv, microwave, coffee maker, and mini-fridge. It was nice to have the extra room as my husband was waking up early due to the time difference, and he could watch tv without disturbing me. There was a large vanity, which was nice that we could both have our things out and not be in each others way. There was ample free parking and the WiFi was also complimentary. We had no problems with the WiFi. The hotel does have a bistro open for breakfast and dinner, but we did not eat here. There is also a lobby lounge. There are several computers located off the lobby that are available for internet use, and printing of boarding passes. Associates were always friendly and helpful. The only problem we encountered was when our keys were deactivated on the day of departure. We had gone out for a bit and when we returned prior to check-out our keys didn't work. I went back down to the front desk and the associate apologized and re-activated my key. The room rate was a bit high for mid-September, but I guess that's Anchorage!

We've stayed here several times and when back in Anchorage we'll stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Overall not a bad stay, but the thing that will make me not stay here again is the poor internet service. Very slow and it was a challange to stay productive. The workout room is not near as nice as it looks in the pictures online. Olypitical machine is broke and the weight bench is wobbles. Good service and friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night - arrived late and left early the next day. Got a good last minute deal on Hotels.com. Hotel room was a good size, clean, modern and sound proof. Great to have a laundry and coffee shop on site. Was really pleased with our stay and was minutes to the airport which was perfect

• Stayed: September 2013