“Good for a long layover”

Courtyard Anchorage Airport
Ranked #18 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Good for a long layover”
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Used the Courtyard for a layover nap and shower. Clean and simple. Lobby is attractive, room was plain and unimaginative, but fairly quiet. Standard amenities. Front Desk agents were young and enthusiastic. Shuttle was very convenient.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank JEM196204

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 2 January 2014

breakfast was great, they also has some apps to buy in the evening. Laundry room was clean and we got our clothes ready for the next leg of the trip. The computers in the business area are good for printing your reservations. A nice hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cnorris12000
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We chose the Courtyard by Marriott for a 1 night stopover on our way from Lax to Fairbanks.
The Marriott has an airport shuttle which is complimentary. Once you arrive at Anchorage airport you can use the courtesy phones in the baggage area to call the hotel for pick up – that is, if the phones are working.
Once you arrive and call the hotel you wait approx. 10-15mins for the shuttle to pick you up and take you to the hotel.
I personally like to have transfers at the airport waiting for the flight, rather than waiting around in the baggage area.

We arrived at the hotel at 10:30pm. The woman on the check in counter was nice and we were in our room within 5mins of arriving.

We had booked a King Bed Room. The room was big enough for 1 night and it was very clean. The bathroom was a good size with practical use of space and very clean also. Air conditioning and heat worked well and was quiet. The room had tea & coffee making facilities and a microwave, which came in handy as we had been travelling all day and were hungry.

There is a bistro on site but it was closed by the time we arrived. The hotel didn’t have room service. They do have a small shop where you can buy microwave food and snacks and the prices aren’t too bad. We got microwavable chilli and ate in the room.
The hotel was a short drive to the airport and good location for a stopover
The reception staff were very quick and efficient and always friendly.
Overall, this is a good, clean hotel close to the airport
Room Tip: King bed rooms are good

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room - King bed rooms are comfortable
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank blimeytravelbug
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My stay at this hotel was nothing less than wonderful. The location and the staff were fantastic. Had a maintenance issue that would of ruined my stay however it was resolved very promptly by your Maintenance staff. I never seen anyone troubleshoot and repair an air conditioner so quickly. Housekeeping staff was also very friendly and accommodating. I will be without a doubt stay at your hotel next time I'm in town.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Cole R
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I rarely give great reviews to hotels and maybe it's my situation but I got here and had to get changed so they gave me a room right away. They apologized it was on the first floor and i had no issue with that. My plans changed and i had time in my room so totally planned to do a ton of work. I had a comfortable bed, a comfortable temperature, drapes that closed fully and a very quiet room. I got a great sleep, in fact i didn't get the work i was going to do done because i really got some good sleep. I always sleep poorly on the road.

When i'm traveling on business, all i want is to somehow get a decent night's sleep and this was one of the best i've had. The people here were very nice and accomodating. The shuttle did me just fine. would have been nice if the bistro had a lunch hour but maybe they dont have a lot of people here at that time.

i didnt use the spa but they had a nice pool, whirlpool and sauna and a fitness room. Next time i'll know to bring proper attire.

I've been coming to Anchorage for years but this was the first time i've stayed out by the airport. I'll look to do this again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LovedGreece
Juneau, Alaska
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This is the closest hotel to the Anchorage airport. It is clean and very comfortable. The staff was cordial. The only odd thing was that you need to request a mat for the shower. That seems like a safety item that should come standard.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JuneauLady
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I've actually got several visits at the Courtyard Anchorage over the next few weeks. I always opt for the Marriott properties because I know I can rely on the quality and service I have come to expect and enjoy. This property is no different. The only thing negative to report is the very slow wi-fi in the room. I just used the wi-fi hot spot on my iPhone to cure that. Usually, when lots of users are on the network, speeds slow.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business