“Very pleased to have stay here”

Spenard Hostel International
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Very pleased to have stay here”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stay here after my trip around Alaska a friend I meet said this is a very good place to stay and she was right. It has a very homely. With cupboards in the kitchen with free food in left over from guests. I could make pan cakes and lots more, this made me happy in the morning, I did want to leave=) I will be
Back here again.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed here three times in two weeks while, a great place to clean up and regroup if backpacking elsewhere. We tented in the yard which worked nicely and saved us some money. Close to bus stop which takes you right downtown.

• Stayed June 2014
Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Anchorage is a beautiful city, but it is not cheap. Spenard Hostel is not only affordable, but it is a home away from home. As soon as I arrived, someone offered to help me with my bag and told me to just relax. There is a sitting area, kitchen area, and clean bathrooms. The rooms are quiet and comfortable. I met people who share similar interests with me (hard not to do in Alaska), which made it even more pleasant. Great location too.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Reese, Michigan
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I love Spenard hostel! I stayed here in 2004 and 2008 and will be staying there again this August. The hostel is very clean and the handmade wood bunk beds are sturdy and comfortable. The owner provides free coffee and items to make breakfast which is a plus in expensive Anchorage. It's super close to the airport and the friendly staff can direct you to fun bars and cool day trips. They also do group outings, and there is a very cool community vibe here which you don't get at all of the other hostels in town. I highly recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Spenard Hostel is very close to the airport and you can easily take the bus there from the airport, the driver will have no problem telling you where to get off. The hostel is very cozy even though i didn't pay for the whole room i had a whole room twice and one of them i didn't even use. Highly recommended!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mark k
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I was in need of a shower after Treking around and seeing Alaska. I was camping out and just doing some fun adventures in Alaska. I googled to find a shower and the #spenardhostel came up. I went with it. I called and they welcomed me. A very clean place with friendly folk running it. I will be staying there if there are any rooms left when I get back from Valdez to anchorage. Mahalo to the friendly welcoming voice on the phone. I have stayed at other hostels in the anchorage area they were not so friendly and not so clean with a pull out couch bed for twice the price.
Another thing I liked about this one particular area where the hostel is was the view and the country feeling but so close to everything. They have bike to rent also so you could grab a bike and go check out the downtown area without having to stay there.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Seward, Alaska
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I was impressed with this place. Cozy accomodations, friendly staff, bike rentals, nice location; I even got some free bear spray! It seems to be common here for people to share stuff like food and stuff they no longer need. I would recommend it to anyone

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo