“Disgusting”

Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
“Disgusting”
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I just ate the worst food I have ever had in my life. I really don't understand how this restaurant has a single good review. The meat was so over cooked, not only was it dry, it resembled jerky. The sausage was stuffed with chunks of fat and was also over cooked. Beyond that, it also tasted and had an odor which resemble human body odor (I am not exaggerating, my husband agreed with me.) We ordered calamari for an appetizer and it came out with what tasted like store bought tarter sauce. The only things that we were served which did not leave a bad taste in my mouth were the water and the bread with chimichurri, ironically they were also the only things that were not horribly overpriced. It's expensive so you think you are in for some delicious food, boy were we fooled.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Suki M

Atlanta, GA.
“Super VALUE, very good food without the fuss or long waits...”
Reviewed 26 June 2011

This restaurant was a pleasant surprise! A few colleagues were looking for a reasonably tasty dinner without having to wait for an hour on Friday night and Tango really delivered. This was by the best value of about a dozen restaurants we tried while in Anchorage for 3 weeks. It is not fancy but the selection was wide and our food was excellent. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive although this is not a fancy place so there was no flair or fanfare, just the basics which is what we were looking for that night. We had shellfish and seafood and all was very good.

• Visited June 2011
Anchorage, Alaska
“Hmmm...all I can say is "middling to average."”
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Atmosphere - average.
Food - ok, not as special as I would have hoped.
Service - average.
I was hoping for a great experience, as Anchorage has a dearth of good Latin restaurants. Not sure I would return. My Hispanic friend was not impressed either. Too bad...

Eagle River, Alaska
“WONDERFUL”
Reviewed 26 April 2011

I have been a customer since 2007. The dishes couldn't get any better and tastier. Just went back last week and the atmosphere is still wonderful. The Latin melodies played by the gentleman with the guitar, brought back so many memories. A true taste of what GOOD latin food is all about!

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank LMD111591
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Churrasco steak in Anchorage!”
Reviewed 7 February 2011

Tango is not a Mexican restaurant...!
One of my all time favorite cuts of meat is the "Churrasco" flat meat, cooked only as an Argentine can prepare it.
Currently in Anchorage El Tango, or Tango Restaurant is the only one offering this juicy tasty Latin American delicacy.
On many occasions I have eaten their huge Rib Steak, and ordered the "Victoria's Grill." This comes on a flame heated grill box with various cuts of meat, ribs, chicken, and sausages, perfect to go with one of their South American Malbec wines.

• Visited January 2011