“We were the only diners”
Review of TANGO RESTAURANT - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
TANGO RESTAURANT
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Palmer
“We were the only diners”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

This Argentine restaurant needs help. There was no one there and what we were served (appetizers only) were bland, greasy and tasted like potato, all of them. We only ordered the appetizers as we were leery of there being no one else in the place. They were so bad we decided not to try anything else. As it was the waiter told us they did not have what we were considering anyway. the wine was Argentine and saved the night. Try a Friday night when there in a band? Tango? For us it was a quick fox trot out the door.

Visited December 2011

“Don't waste your time or your hard earned money.”
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Decided to try this place for our 25th anniversary, what terrible mistake. After living in Anchorage for 27 years I can honestly say this was the worst meal I have ever experienced.

If your expecting top service for an expensive menu don't walk into El Tango. Bad service, bad food, zero atmosphere makes for a disappointing evening out.

Anchorage, Alaska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disgusting”
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I just ate the worst food I have ever had in my life. I really don't understand how this restaurant has a single good review. The meat was so over cooked, not only was it dry, it resembled jerky. The sausage was stuffed with chunks of fat and was also over cooked. Beyond that, it also tasted and had an odor which resemble human body odor (I am not exaggerating, my husband agreed with me.) We ordered calamari for an appetizer and it came out with what tasted like store bought tarter sauce. The only things that we were served which did not leave a bad taste in my mouth were the water and the bread with chimichurri, ironically they were also the only things that were not horribly overpriced. It's expensive so you think you are in for some delicious food, boy were we fooled.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Suki M
Atlanta, GA.
“Super VALUE, very good food without the fuss or long waits...”
Reviewed 26 June 2011

This restaurant was a pleasant surprise! A few colleagues were looking for a reasonably tasty dinner without having to wait for an hour on Friday night and Tango really delivered. This was by the best value of about a dozen restaurants we tried while in Anchorage for 3 weeks. It is not fancy but the selection was wide and our food was excellent. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive although this is not a fancy place so there was no flair or fanfare, just the basics which is what we were looking for that night. We had shellfish and seafood and all was very good.

• Visited June 2011
Anchorage, Alaska
“Hmmm...all I can say is "middling to average."”
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Atmosphere - average.
Food - ok, not as special as I would have hoped.
Service - average.
I was hoping for a great experience, as Anchorage has a dearth of good Latin restaurants. Not sure I would return. My Hispanic friend was not impressed either. Too bad...