“Good soup!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Neighbourhood: Downtown
Soldotna, Alaska
“Good soup!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

This was a very decent place to get a quick lunch. The soup is great especially for a food court! Extremely reasonable with large portion sizes. I eat a lot and the regular size for $7 was enough to fill me up!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Decent, inexpensive Asian soup in a food court”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

My wife and I had lunch two days in a row in the food court in which this restaurant is located, and this was primarily my lunch on the second day, though we're in the habit of sharing. The soup was good though not exceptional, inexpensive for Anchorage ($10), filling, and all in all did what lunch is supposed to do, which is to fuel an afternoon of activities before a more substantial dinner.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Concord, California
“Asian Noodle Dishes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

This restaurant is in the food court at the Anchorage 5th Street Mall. When you order your noodle dish, they ask you for the type of noodle you would like. I ordered the seafood soup noodle dish and chose the egg noodles. The "egg" noodles were not the Asian egg noodles that I am used to and were more like a spaghetti noodle. The dish came with shrimp and scallops, but the scallops were 6 small bay scallops. For a food court noodle dish, it wasn't bad since it was not that pricey.

Visited May 2013
“They put all the orders on one plate.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

I thought i was crazy. We spent 50 bucks there on sushi and they tried to squeeze everything on 2 plates. How the hell are we all supposed to eat our individual food orders on one plate?????? The amount of money I have spent there over the years means nothing to them. They are such unappreciative thieves.

Anchorage, Alaska
“Bad experience with Sushi maker”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

I've been eating at Souper Bowl for years. Anytime I'd go to the mall near lunch or dinner, I'd order a volcano roll, which was always delicious and seeminly made with care. I admired the work of the older man who made each roll with, what I thought, was care and attention. Lately I've noticed everytime I'd order a second roll for my daughter, it was presented on one plate. No problem, I'd ask for a second plate. Anyway, today I placed an order for myself and daughter and kindly asked for the rolls to be placed on two seprate plates,which should be standard in any restuarant. My order was up, I arrived at the counter and the young lady immediately noticed the error and appologized. She asked the older man to separate the rolls and place them on separate plates. He was so rude! He sneered and placed my second place on the edge of the counter closest to him forcing me to reach accross to get the plate literally sitting on the edge. I suddenly realized that the fact they were stingy with plates is only the tip of the iceberg. There is no telling what short cuts, etc. are being made with the food. I threw the plates away as I walked away from the counter. There is no way I'll eat that food nor would I recommend anyone trust the food. As I said, if they are stingy with plastic plates....

• Visited September 2012