“dumpy”

Peggy's Restaurant
Ranked #192 of 890 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I like local flavor places but this is just run down and dirty and with the smell of all the unbathed truckers in there not good. Food was okay but silverware and cups were dirty so I left. Use to go there years ago and it was great but now not so much.

There are newer reviews for Peggy's Restaurant

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stopped at Peggy's on the recommendation of a local we met at F Street Station the night before. It was classic diner fare. Reasonably priced. Lots of local history on the walls. Service was good, a little slow, but we were crunched for time, breakfast was tasty and the staff was very friendly.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

There is a lot to be said for a loaf of bread and a pack of bologna,Stopped in with my girl for lunch the atmosphere was like I expected.
The food???I ordered A bowl of chili,cheeseburger I wanted Swiss cheese so I asked the waitress if It was real Swiss or the Swiss/American blend.(I am in the foodservice industry)the waitress said it was Swiss cheese,it was the Blend :( the chili needed to be reheated) French Fry's underdone.My girl ordered a BLT,The bacon was underdone.
All in all,There is a lot to be said for a loaf of bread and a pack of bologna,but the aymosphere was nice. Pete

Reviewed 27 December 2013

If you like the old style diners where the server says,"what do you want?" The food is acceptable but not spectacular. The atmosphere is great for those who like old diners and there's plenty of seating options like "the horseshoe" counter.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I've been eating at Peggy's for about 50 years now but I don't live in Anchorage any more so don't get a chance to as often. Ate breakfast there last week, finished it off with a slice of Gooseberry pie, something you don't often find in a restaurant. Peggy's is under different ownership now but they still carry a wide variety of pies, and it's worth a trip out of your way to eat there if you like pie!