“Fantastic Trip!!!”
Review of Chateau du Broutel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rue
Chateau du Broutel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Rue
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This is by far the best place in Frrance I have stayed at! The choice of food was great and the rooms were brilliant. All of the staff were very helpful and nothing seemed too much trouble for them. I look forward to not only bringing my family back here soon but also my class.
Thank you ever so much!!!!!
Roger

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Chateau du Broutel

Reviewed 9 December 2013

The rooms were filthy, i got to the room and the beds and sheets were covered in dust, hair and food. The shower was freezing cold the whole time of our stay. There were sanitary towels stuck underneath our light shade, also on the beds there were stains such as blood and mud, the food was awful, there wasnt enough food and it tasted awful. Finally the staff were incredibly rude.

• Stayed: December 2013
5  Thank jordan C
Manor A, Manager at Chateau du Broutel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Hello Jordan, thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your visit to our outdoor pursuits centre. I assume you are a student who stayed with us. Please could you let us know which school you were with so that we can get in contact with them to discuss the matter further? We will check our visitor records, but any assistance you can give us would be helpful. Thank you.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Having stayed with school groups and had great experiences I decided to show my wonderful wife just what it was that I keep raving about. We stayed in room 38 (Thanks for the advice Mandy). Tod's jaw dropped when she saw the four poster bed and the reconstructed barn structure in the bathroom! I paced it out. 20 big paces (I am 6' 01") across the bedroom and bathroom! The view across the grounds is a joy and the food outstanding. Dave and his staff could not do enough for us. I would not hesitate to use the venue again.

Paul E.

Room Tip: Room 38 will take your breath away.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul E
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I have just returned from the Chateau and found both the services and staff to be excellent. I was thoroughly impressed by the professionalism and support offered by the staff at the Chateau. The quality food was superior to any trip I have run before, and even the fussiest of pupils enjoyed it. I was also extremely pleased with the quality of activities provided which were extremely well organised and kept the children entertained. All rooms were clean and tidy. I would thoroughly recommend the Chateau and can't wait to visit again next year!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from an amazing family holiday.

I went with my partner & his 2 boys (11 & 16), and all 4 of us think it was the best family holiday we have ever had!!

The chateau is a lovely building set in charming grounds. We had 2 bedrooms in the stable block, both rooms being spacious, in fact the boys had 4 beds, 2 upstairs and they loved the freedom their separate room gave them.
The activities are great and kept the whole family completely occupied. The water activities were our favourite, very good fun! We did about 60% of our activities with the boys, the rest of the time they did separate activities to us. One afternoon we left the boys at the chateau whilst we went exploring in the car.
The kids club, ran from 9 til 9. Our youngest ate with us for the first 3 evenings, but then couldn't resist joining the rest of the kids for dinner at 6 followed by an evening activity.
Our eldest ate with us every night, and I can't blame him... The food was the highlight of our holiday!!! The restaurant is like eating in a 5 star restaurant, breakfast , lunch & evening! The setting and furniture is an experience in itself. The evening meals in particular are out of this world!
After dinner, we would sit in the bar with the other parents, drinks are very good value for money.

The staff are so friendly and attentive, the instructors are all young, but good fun as well as thorough. The kids loved the instructors.

This is an amazing holiday for families. The kids are kept so occupied doing stuff they love, they don't have time to get bored. The parents can dip in and out of activities, or relax on the patio, whilst knowing that the kids are safe.

Highly recommended , and we all want to go back next year!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Claire33m
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We visited the Chateau as a party of 10 during August this year and were delighted by all aspects of the holiday. The Chateau itself is beautiful and the grounds are very well kept and safe. The range of activities on offer was varied and extremely well organised and the instructors were full of encouragement. Every member of staff, from Mandy who booked the holiday for us, to the instructors, the kitchen staff, the office staff, the cleaners and the Chateau manager were all extremely friendly and helpful and they really helped to make our holiday one to remember. I couldn't recommend the holiday enough and we look forward to returning next year!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Liz F
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My wife and I are both 76 years old so not these days into the adventuresome side of an activity centre. We had visited Chateau du Broutel before whilst travelling through the area and as such were familiar with it's main purpose ie. family fun holidays. However we were able to enjoy the peace and quiet, the beauty of the Chateau and adjoining area. It gave us great pleasure watching others enjoying taking part in the many and varied activities. Although we were on our own without our family we were made to feel part of the group. All the staff were wonderful and went out of their way to ensure we enjoyed our visit. The food and accommodation were exceptional and to our mind far exceeds the stated star rating. It just goes to show that a small British owned and run company can still hold it's head high in the competitive world of large foreign run companies. Well done Chateau du Broutel and we will be visiting again. Sue and Keith Homden

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Keith H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rue
Hotel Caudron
Pierre & Vacances Village Club Belle Dune
Logis Auberge de la Dune
Logis Auberge de la Dune
#5 of 5 in Le Crotoy

Been to Chateau du Broutel? Share your experiences!