We very much enjoyed our stay overall.
The room was comfortable -- it was decent value for the cost as their budget room and we had chosen the auberge so we could stay overnight and enjoy dinner with them.
The food was excellent, we had the tasting menu and some of the dishes were well worth travelling a long way for! The service did drop off about half way through the meal when a largish group arrived and, it seemed, distracted the staff's timing. In fact, the kitchen and wait staff forgot to serve our comte cheese course at all! We tried to tell the waiter who hesitated, said dessert is next and scurried off. As we were very full from an otherwise excellent meal, we let it go and waited to see if anyone noticed. Noone did.
We don't want to make too big a point of that as we did enjoy our meal a lot and enjoyed the overnight stay. We do recommend it, and think that the cost is fair value for a one off gourmet meal, but the slips in service caused us to give it 4 rather than 5 as a rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a hillside just outside Lourmarin lies the inn of Reine Sammut, one of the best chefs in France. Before sampling the restaurant, be sure to savour the premises. The bedrooms are a tribute to local crafts, with original, contemporary designs and some with their own terrace and a stunning view over the Durance valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Auberge La Feniere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge La Feniere Hotel Cadenet
- Auberge La Feniere Cadenet, France - Luberon