“Third time, not the last time”
Review of Hotel du Poete

Hotel du Poete
Melbourne, Australia
“Third time, not the last time”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I keep coming back to this hotel - and I love it every time. The setting is pittoresque, quiet and lovely, the pool is inviting and the service is outstanding, especially from Jerome, the night manager and bar tender. He is very charming and witty, speaks several languages, and he knew I was coming so he bought limes especially to make me cocktails with lime as they are my favourite!
I have been to the Provence a few times, so I do not need to see the sights so much anymore and I love just hanging out by the pool and relaxing which this hotel is perfect for, but there is so much to see and do around. Highly recommended for couples - we came here on our honeymoon the first time and loved it ever since. I am there right now writing this review by the pool in the sun and it's blissful. A special place we'll keep coming back to.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the gardens and pool, the rooms at the front have a view of the car pa...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FlorenceNulens

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2012

This really is a very charming, well run hotel in a stunning location. Water and cliffs all around. All rooms appear to be well decorated and comfortable. I had a Melodie room, and both it and the bathroom were well appointed and of more than ample size.
I didn't eat breakfast there, so I can't comment on that, but there is a pleasant bar area by the front entrance.
Hotel staff were helpful, especially Jerome, with his excellent English, personality and professional manner.

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking the lovely rear garden, village, cliffs and castle ruins.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2012

You can see from other reviews that most people find this hotel perfect - and it is, The setting is superb and even though the village itself is quite touristy the hotel is secluded and special.Added bonus of pool and jacuzzi, and walk able in to the village, The staff were welcoming, and although breakfast is pricey it's good value for a generous selection of meats, cheeses, cereals etc etc.and they serve it till 11 am. Drinks are fairly priced - all in all can thoroughly recommend,To sit in the garden at the convergence of two rivers with songbirds and ducks for company is very special even for this part of the world. also you are within easy reach of Isle sur la Sorgues and Orange both worth visiting,I did rate restaurant as excellent but they only serve breakfast not other meals.

Room Tip: We had room 15 at front of hotel, overlooking car park but I requested a bath so that may have lim...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dubai
Reviewed 7 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel du Poete during a hiking vacation in September. The hotel is situated in a very tranquil setting within the charming village of Fontaine de Vaucluse. We found the staff to be very helpful and friendly, especially Jerome who worked the bar in the evenings, and the ladies who worked the breakfast shift. The hotel was very clean and tastefully decorated and a very relaxing place to spend time. The only negative comment we can make is there wasn't a proper shower in the room-you had to sit in the tub and use the shower-head which some people may not like. I think some of the rooms are equipped with showers so if this is important to you, try booking one in advance. We would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a shower instead of a bathtub if you prefer taking showers.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank idnar2008
Aliso Viejo, California
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We visited the Hotel du Poete during our recent visit to Provence, France in May. After many hours of research and reading many reviews on Trip Advisor, etc. we chose this hotel. We were so happy we did!! The website provides great justice to the hotel and the area. You could not ask for a more enchanting place to visit in the Provence region of France. The grounds of the property are incredible; the pool serene and so inviting. We were warmly greeted by the owner and his son and were introduced and drank their family made Chateau du Pape wine! All of the staff were really friendly. We enjoyed sitting and visiting with other quests at the hotel bar and outside at their wonderful tables along the water. It was utterly amazing! We stayed for two nights and fell in love with the area, the incredible food, the wine, the beautiful ambience of this very special, magical village. Our room was on the 3rd floor of the hotel and was an end unit with a water view. Only a minute or two walk from the hotel, are many restaurants and shops. The walkway along the river is a visual delight. There’s an old church, a local market, bakery, wine shop; everything is within a short minute or two walk from the hotel. The owner gave us great advice for our tour of the area. He drew us a hand written map that took us along the scenic wine trail, that went to all of the medieval villages in the region. We appreciated it very much. We packed a picnic lunch and spent the day “taking it all in” and enjoying every second of every moment. It was a day we’ll treasure and remember always. We had the time of our lives in the lovely village of Fontaine de Vaucluse and look forward to returning again very soon. The only place we'll stay is at the beautiful Hotel du Poete!

Room Tip: Water view room
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Katleary
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 September 2011

We returned for the location. It is beautifully positioned with a terrific pool. Very relaxing, easy walk into the village, very pleasant room (Lavender Room, #10). Breakfast is expensive- 17 euros per person. Young man who checked us in was very helpful. Later I asked the manager for assistance with dinner reservations. He wanted us to drive to his restaurant. I told him I did not want to drive. I asked for his help with 2 restaurants. The first he claimed to have never heard of, the second he said required no reservation- although I had just walked by the restaurant and saw Reservation signs on multiple tables. So basically he refused to help unless we drove to his restaurant. My wife remembered he was also rude last year. I found the phone numbers on the internet and phoned the restaurants myself to make the reservations. First time I have had a hotel refuse to help with dinner reservations. We will not return again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank JackA5
United States
Reviewed 5 September 2011

The staff was very helpful and the lobby was lively and pleasant, even in March. They let me use their internet in the office (public internet access is not easy to find in the hilltowns of Provence). The hotel is by a pretty creek and on the edge of the town center and all of it's attractions. The room was charming. This was one of my favorite towns in Provence. The nearby Auberge des Figuieres has a comfortable family feel and I ordered L'Estomac d'Aigneau because I'd never had it.....sounded scary, but tasted extremely good.

Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Le Domaine De La Petite Isle
#4 of 15 in L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
Le Mas des Herbes Blanches
La Maison sur la Sorgue - Esprit de France
La Maison sur la Sorgue - Esprit...
#1 of 15 in L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
La Bastide de Gordes
La Bastide de Gordes
#1 of 25 in Gordes
Le Mas des Gres
Le Mas des Gres
#1 of 4 in Lagnes

Been to Hotel du Poete? Share your experiences!