“Excellent Choice!”

La Bastide Gourmande
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Excellent Choice!”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

This was the first time I ever went to France or out of the country for that matter. I had a great experience there! The surroundings at Logis La Bastide Gourmande were so beautiful. They had absolutely amazing views. They even had a secret garden that was hidden by palm trees. When we checked in, we were surprised with how welcoming the hotel staff was. Even the maid was very friendly. I also liked how the decor matched the surroundings. Very nice. The restaurant on site offers an organic menu where you purchase a la carte. The one thing that I didn't like is that you couldn't order stuff as a meal for one price. I don't care for the a la carte thing. It was nice that they offered free Wi-Fi and of course TV. One of the amenities that I was looking for in a place to stay was a hot water Jacuzzi, and at Logis La Bastide Gourmande, I found it. My husband loves to have a Jacuzzi whenever we are on vacation. They also had a pool, and private parking-which I liked. The prices of the rooms were reasonable- $99-$208, depending on the type of room you want. The next time I'm in France, I'll be staying here again!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Abbottabad, Pakistan
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Me and my friends went to France in holidays. We stayed at Logis La Bastide from 16th to 19th November 2012. It was an awesome trip with awesome stay, the service was great and all the staff from front desk to maid service were too friendly, helpful and show good respect, I appreciate that.

The hotel was maintained perfectly, room was always clean and decorated very good.

I will definitely stay again and highly recommend Logis La Bastide Gourmande to Singles, Couples & Families Specially Youngster who are going to visit in holidays.

Overall, I will say Hotel Logis La Bastide Gourmande, Thumbs Up!!

Room Tip: Room with the window towards pool, that was our room.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Paris, France
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Hello

I have stayed with two friends at La Bastide Gourmande as we were attending the MIDEM expo in Cannes about twenty minutes away by car. We stayed an extra day here in order to visit Provence a little. I have no complaints about this inn, which has about ten rooms, I believe. We had one of the mid-priced rooms and stayed all three in there. The hotel was accommodating and wheeled in a foldable bed. We had a balcony, which was nice. Provence is magnifique! This hotel is located near Saint Paul de Vens, which has the best damn shopping if you like arts and crafts stuff.

The Bastide staff is personable and helpful, but not everyone here spoke English, which I always find strange. On the second night of our stay the shower head came undone while one of us was taking a shower, water splashed everywhere, it was a mess. The nightperson didn’t seem to know what to do and was unhelpful. We had to wait until the next morning for someone to come and fix the problem. Beside this, the room was large, with a nice breeze and quiet with a view of the beautiful Provence greenery. Easy livin’… the other plus about Bastille is their restaurant options: lots of great and tasty foods prepared by some chef. Thumbs up!

Room Tip: Our room was equipped with a balcony, which was nice
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Maui, Hawaii
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Thanks to god...I could spend 2 great holidays with my sweet heart.I was very tired with my business works and decided to get a rest with my sweet heart.I told her to find out an interesting and calm place to spend few days.After searching on internet we found a place with attractive pictures.I had not visit France before,but I had knew it is one of the most beautiful countries in the world.So there was no hesitation,we decided to spend our holidays in France.
The hotel we selected is Logis La Bastide Gourmande.It was awesome.We got a honest welcome from them.They gave us a beautiful room with great surround.My sweet heart likes painting.After changing cloths,she took her painting instruments out and spend about 5 hours with that beautiful garden.
I am a very busy person.When I informed my company that I am going to have a trip to France, they gave me some business works in France.So I had to manage my time.So we could stay only 2 days in that beautiful hotel,but those two days were very interesting.
Room is excellent.Bed is very comfortable.Very clean and tasty foods.I like France foods very much after having first day lunch.There are lot of good things to say you about this place,but we faced some bad things.Second day morning I had to call 3 times for room service.In the afternoon My sweet heart also faced a bad thing.She did not had hot water.So we called to manager and solved that problem.
Without those two bad things,We spent great holidays,We got a very good guidance from the hotel about historical and beautiful places in that area.We also got a car and guide from the hotel.
After spending two days,we was preparing to go to new palace,because I had some business works on other side of country.We got a very good assistance from staff.They gave us all the information about our new destination and prepared a car for us.So I am very very interesting about this place.If I get a chance to visit France again I am sure I will choose Logis La Bastide Gourmande again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
South Jordan
Reviewed 27 December 2012

My husband and I love to travel and we chose this hotel based on it's location and we also had friends who had stayed here and recommended it highly. Upon check-in, we knew it would be an amazing experience. It was truly a very elegant place. The decor fit right into the surroundings which for us is very important. We want to feel like we are on vacation and have all the luxuries but still maintain a bit of local flavor. For just the historic aspects alone, I would suggest that anyone who loves a beautiful experience, chose this hotel. The room that we were first given, we didn't really like the view, so without so much a the smallest feeling that they got from me of displeasure, we were upgraded to a beautiful room with the most romantic view. Even after being married for 25 years, it was hard to leave the room. It was stunning. We ate at the Old Captain, and the food was to die for. We enjoyed all the local offerings as it was close to many things and just being out walking around even on the hotel grounds, was a treat. I recommend this hotel so highly. We will return. Congratulations to the staff. They were so attentive. What a great travel experience.

Room Tip: We were there for five nights. I can tell you that really any room is wonderful, it just depends on...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I've also email Logis about my experience there as it was so awful I could not believe it!
4 of us stopped there last October and at first the place looks quite nice so decided to stay for the night and also have food in the cosy restaurant, we went for the €52 menu and also got 2 nice, and priced I'd say, bottles of red wine.
My first dish was scallops, presented in 3 ways, cooked on a stone, sashimi with jam and as part of a risotto then placed into a puff pastry, I must say it was deliciuos but unfortunately, cooked with the pastry there was a brown, medium-long hair, I highlighted the problem to the chef with care and education, he took the plate and disappeared in the kitchen without even saying a word.
The dinner went on, service was poor with one guy that we later knew he never worked as a waiter before that summer, struggling to cope with a bunch of tables, serving us red wine in tiny, inappropriate glasses asking us if he had to get us clean one between one wine and the other (different ones).
On top of that, the Chef was probably drunk or high on something, totally unprofessional, rude and arrogant (you'll find pictures of him, part of local papers, at the beginning of the menu!).
Rooms are ok and look pretty if you don't care about particulars (paint missing in some parts, little works made properly by the staff...); when I went to pay in the morning they'd also charged us for 4 breakfast at €15 each while we never spoke about it when agreeing the price the night before.
WE NEVER HAD AN APOLOGY FROM ANYBODY FOR THAT HAIR IN MY DISH, NOTHING WAS DISCOUNTED BECAUSE OF IT AND, A PART FROM THE RECEPTIONIST ON DUTY THE NIGHT WE ARRIVED, WE FOUND THE STAFF QUITE POOR AND DEFINITELY QUITE UNPROFESSIONAL.
I really hope, for them, this was a one-off bad day, even if...I doubt it.

Location-wise a good place with a nice entrance and it's probably quite lovely in summer.

Room Tip: Ask to see them first, front ones can be problematic in the morning as outside is quite noisy
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these La Colle sur Loup hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 21 June 2011

We stayed here for two nights, and were not impressed. the hotel does not look like the photos on the internet, our room was tiny, and we felt that the hotel was not well-appointed at all. On the website, there is a lovely photo of the hot tub in the open air, with a seating area in front. In reality, the hot tub was enclosed by a plastic shed, which had an old dirty mattress leaning up against the back of it. In three nights, our sheets were not changed and we had to ask for fresh towels. The "room cleaning" seemed to consist of a smoothing down of the upper sheet on the bed and the addition of two hand towels only to the bathroom. The grey shagpile carpet in the room was so thick that the door to the bathroom wouldn't close properly. Anyone staying in this hotel should have a car, as this hotel is 1km away from the nearest town via a road with no real paths, and taxis are eye-wateringly expensive.
It's really a B&B with hotel prices, and without the charm. There are plenty of lovely hotels in the area which we saw as we were travelling with lots of friends. If I ever go back to this beautiful area, I'll stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank jobella1407
bastidegourmande, Directeur général at La Bastide Gourmande, responded to this review, 10 August 2011
Sir,

On our web site the picyure of the hot tube is in the open air because the picture is 1 year old and we're sorry if you wanted to have your jacuzzi under the sun while everybody was watching at you.
The White painted wooden Chalet has been built this year for our guests confort, in order to use it when it's cold and chilly not in front of everybody passing the alley.

I don't see any plastic shred or dirty mastress in this area...
Maybe you saw the jacuzzi covering mastress that is hidden behind the Chalet on day and covering the jacuzzi by night to ensure the warmness of it.

We're a organic engaged hotel with a policy of reduction of pollution of the water by washing produces. Sheets are changed avery 3 days on long time stays and as written in the room, you're ask to place in the shower or tub the towels you wish to change every day. If you leave them hanged on, they are not changed.

The Brown Carpet of your room is thick for more smoothness and the reason why the door is a little bit hard to close is because the carpet is new. Maybe would you have prefered an old one?

I'm not responsible that the city hasn't made any paths to reach the downtown (500m from the hotel) and that the taxi are expensive ...

You didn't mentionned the swimming pool that you enjoy or the breakfast you stayed very long in the morning or the restaurant where you had dinner.

I'm sorry that our policy regarding the environnement made you feel that we don't do a good job, but as I always explain to our guest arguying like you, noone changes all his sheets at home everyday so why woud you need it at the hotel? If had had this special requestwhy didn't asked it while you stayed with us.

If your sheets had been dirty or spotted they would have been changed.
Also consider these accommodations in or near La Colle sur Loup
#11 of 12 in St-Paul-de-Vence
La Vague de Saint Paul
La Vague de Saint Paul
#4 of 12 in St-Paul-de-Vence

Been to La Bastide Gourmande? Share your experiences!