My family spent two nights at Chateau la Roque at the beginning of June this year, and it was a perfect experience to follow a week in Paris. We took a train from DeGaulle to Avignon, where we rented a car. I had read a number of stories of people who had a really difficult time finding the Chateau. Luckily, our GPS from the rental car was spot on with directions and we arrived there from the Avignon train station without a hitch. When we arrived we were at a bit of a loss to find the proprietors, Jean and Chantal, but through exploration of the property we found Jean who graciously welcomed us, and insisted on delivering all of our luggage up the ancient stone staircase to our suite in the parapet. The suite was beautiful (especially the bathroom), and we felt like we had arrived in a true sanctuary. We dined at the Chateau the first night with several other guest, and it was gastronomically and socially a very good evening. The following day we did some touring around the Luberon Valley and Mont Ventoux. Chantal gave us some suggestions which were very helpful. That night was the one night a week that Jean doesn't cook, but they helped us with a reservation at a wonderful restaurant in Carpentras. All in all, it was a memorable and wonderful experience. We'd love to return and have a longer stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Avignon, the Luberon and the Mont-Ventoux, Chateau La Roque is an exceptional 11th century chateau-fort overlooking a provencal landscape. The Deluxe rooms and suites with modern amenities, antique furniture and elegant decor, offer a discreet luxurious atmosphere.The views from the rooms, gardens and panoramic swimming pool are stunning. Calm and serenity are everywhere. Wether in the terraces in summer or in the Templar room in winter you will savor our breakfasts prepared with fresh local produces, our gourmet dinners and selection of the region's best wines (Chateauneuf du Pape, Vacqueyras, Gigondas, Ventoux, Luberon). Come and visit us for an unbelievable time in Provence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Chateau La Roque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau La Roque Chateaux And Hotels De France
- Chateau La Roque Chateaux & Hotels De France Hotel La Roque Sur Pernes
- Chateau La Roque France/La Roque Sur Pernes