“Make the stop!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 61 Restaurants in Boulder City
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Kids
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in the heart of the historic Old Town district, Boulder Dam Brewing Co. Is Boulder City's first and only brewpub. Located across the street from the Boulder Dam Hotel, the brewery is less than five miles from Lake Mead and less than eight from Hoover Dam. Practically a museum in itself, the brewery features decor and fixtures from the 1930's, silent films made during the construction of the dam, actual pieces of equipment used during the construction and a myriad of art depicting Boulder City's beginnings and brewing from the period. A destination for locals and visitors alike, Boulder Dam Brewing serves up six original pub-brewed beers at a time. The 40-barrel system allows the flexibility to offer many unique styles, from refreshing Pilsners to hoppy Pale Ales to creamy Stouts. Food ranges from traditional pub fare to salads, burgers and sandwiches. The brewpub also carries a great selection of wines and non-alcoholic beverages. With plenty of seating inside, and a beautiful beer garden outside, it's the perfect place to stop by for a pint and a bite.
Oceanside, California
“Make the stop!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

I am a little annoyed that the name is Boulder Dam Brewing instead of Hoover Dam Brewing but I guess I will let it slide. It was really easy to find which is always a plus when you are from out of town. The service was fantastic! The guy helping us was super nice and funny. The house beers were all really good. They also have other beers as well as food. If you love to try new breweries while traveling like I do, and you are out visiting the Hoover Dam, you should check this place out.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Aprilp2412

Boulder City, Nevada, United States
“Worth a try”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Went to a late dinner and drinks here tonight. Kerri was our server and she was great. Hubs got the sampler. Thought they all tasted the same then Kerri had him try the IPA GREEN FLASH. Then it was all good. We tried the pretzel, he had the party melt, I had the blue-ray burger not what I thought then we HAD to try fried cheese cake, that was yummy. This is a big restaurant for BC. Very clean!

• Visited August 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
“Excellent pub and micro brewery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Good selection of beers - all stored in large tanks behind the bar. Staff were very friendly and explained all of the beers on offer. Pleasant garden to sit in if it is not too hot.

Visited July 2013
Maricopa, Arizona
“Excellent Food, Great Service, Amazing Beer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

What else can I say? The staff was amazing here! All I did was stop in for a quick lunch, try some new microbrew, then head out, but that's not it! I had a look at the menu, and the server asked what I'd like to eat... I said, "I'm really craving a quesadilla, but you don't seem to have that on the menu..." The server replies "Oh, that's no problem. We will make one for you. What would you like on it?" Wow...!!!! That's still not it! The quesadilla tasted amazing! I also tried some delicious beer as well, and had a great time in this atmosphere. Everything was clean, prices were right, and everything tasted great. What are you waiting for? Passing through the area on your way to/from Las Vegas? This place is worth the stop for sure! Don't hesitate!

• Visited June 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Awesome beer and bar/grill food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

While driving out from Vegas to the Hoover Dam, I decided to eschew the bypass around Boulder City downtown and see what the town had to offer. As we were driving through the quaint downtown area, my wife and I decided to find somewhere to eat lunch. We are suckers for a local restaurant and brewery because we prefer to eat local whenever possible, and we both appreciate a good micro-brew. We were both pleased to see the Boulder Dam Brewing Company's sign and see they were open for lunch on Sunday.

When we walked up to the restaurant, we found they had a large patio seating area out front. We got a table and each ordered one of the in-house brews. My wife and I have completely different tastes in beer, but we each enjoyed our selections. I ordered a double 1/3 lb burger with no bun and a salad instead of fries. The waiter didn't blink an eye with my request and the meal came out just as I ordered. The burger meat was clearly fresh and not a frozen patty, it was cooked to medium as I requested, and it was Very tasty. I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't remember what my wife ordered, but I do remember her enjoying it.

The Boulder Dam Brewing Company was a good enough experience that we were planning to go back one more time before we left the Vegas area, but sadly we didn't have the time. We are actually considering going back to do some hiking in the desert in that area in the future and will stay in Boulder City if we do. We will certainly enjoy another meal and a few beers at the Boulder Dam Brewing Company!!

• Visited June 2013