El Rancho Boulder Motel
Boulder Dam Hotel(Boulder City)
US$97
US$75
BestWestern.com
Sands Motel(Boulder City)
US$74
Hoover Dam Lodge(Boulder City)
US$96
Travelocity
US$103
US$99
US$74
US$169
US$128
Nevada Inn(Boulder City)
All reviewsfree coffeeclean roomsgreat retroclose to downtownleaving las vegasstay there againstep back in timecomfortable bedwillow beachair conditioningboulderpetofficerefrigeratorfreewayvintageclerk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Very nice, clean motel and helpful staff at very resonable rate. Dated, but very clean property with huge swimming pool. Just one level motel, which you can back up to and unload. Also, very good diner a couple doors down called Southwest Diner.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I love the retro look of this place but my body disliked the bed and pillows provided. Ugh. Room was otherwise ok.

Location is quiet central to the town. You can walk to local restaurants easily.

Pool was closed during my visit.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is the type of motel I remember staying at as a kid. Not a big fancy chain, but a simple, down home motel. Nothing extravagant nor high end.

A basic room with few extras. No hair dryer, no complimentary shampoo. A couple of cheap bars of soap and a shower cap and makeup remover pad for the ladies. There was a wifi that appeared when I turned on my device, but it was unsecured so didn't attempt to use it. They didn't advertise wifi.

Room was clean though I was a little concerned about the carpet. There were some stains entering the bathroom that could have been left overs from a previous stay, or where someone spilled some bleach on a previous cleaning run.

Tub and shower were small. No concern about water conservation as there was plenty coming from the shower head. Toilet and tub and in the same small bathroom with the vanity outside of the bathroom set off from the sleeping area.

Nice big closet to hang clothes in as well as a four drawer chest of drawers.

We had two queen beds that were well slept in. Pretty spongy though not ratty. A couple of grandmas old quilts were spread on top of each. Linens appeared clean and decent pillows.

Air conditioner was not temperature controlled. When we arrived the room was hot and the AC has a "High, Med, Low" setting that runs a fan. Took a while to cool down and quite noisy. Had to turn it down part way through the night as it did finally get cool in the room. Medium speed had a considerable rattle to it.

Others have mentioned no coffee in the room. Glad that's not something that turns my day on or off...

Pool looked nice, though we didn't take time. No elevators so plan on pulling your luggage up the stairs if you don't get a ground floor.

All rooms face and open to the parking lot.

Nice place. A little pricy for the lack of amenities. Chances are slim I'll stay again but more for the fact that I'll probably not pass this way again. Not sure it would be high on my "You've got to stay here" list.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was traveling with my large dog and made a reservation at this motel. Great rates, great room, very quiet. My daughter in law had asked around and everyone she talked to recommended this motel. The dog and I spent 3 wonderful nights there. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 May 2014

During a recent family road trip, we decided to visit the Las Vegas area. We visited the Las Vegas strip and all that good stuff, but we wanted a quiet, relaxed place to stay the night, and the strip isn't it! While passing through Boulder City after visiting the Hoover Dam, we saw that neat and colorful neon sign for the very nicely maintained El Rancho Boulder Motel. We stopped in, got two nice rooms at a very reasonable rate, and this will probably be the place I stay on future visits to the Las Vegas area. It's an older motel (which I prefer, so long as they are clean) and it is as clean or cleaner than most of the new places. I like the fact that they have preserved the property...Like stepping back in time! I hope to be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family