“An amazing way to spend your birthday”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Desert Rats - CLOSED

Desert Rats
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided canyoneering (rappelling down slot canyons), kayak, & hiking tours, individual instruction and team building exercises in the Southern Nevada Area
South England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An amazing way to spend your birthday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

We had such a great day kayaking on the Colorado River. It was really hard to find these guys, but we're so glad we did. The service was personal and our guide's knowledge of the area was great. One of those days you'll remember forever, amazing!

Gilbert, Arizona
“A day on the ropes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

I had the chance to spend some time out in Vegas a while back and though the sites and sounds of the strip are great the best part was when I went out canyoneering with the Desert Rats crew. I've done basic repels and climbs before and this was perfect no matter your experience level! It was also instructive and entertaining at the same time. Made me want to get back into climbing.

Thanks for a great time. I hope to make it out to Vegas again and see what other adventures the Desert Rats can take me on!!!

Ron

Visited January 2012
“Hiking in Las Vegas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

My wife and I took out our teenagers on the all day trip down the Colorado River. We had a great time with John, our guide. His knowledge of the Dam was very informative, and my kids actually enjoyed it. We stopped along the way, and ate lunch, all while still being able to see wildlife and beautiful flowers and just enjoy our family time. I HIGHLY recommend this tour for any families that want to come out!

Visited May 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“1st time Canyoneering & Loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

I had the greatest time trying Canyoneering. The instruction was clear & precise. The fun & adventure was endless. I am going back in a couple of weeks to do this again. Highly recommend this place!

Visited March 2012
Oak Lawn, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Kayaking REALLY close to Vegas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

Desert RATS provided transportation from/to Vegas, kayaks & equipment, permits, lunch & snacks and a wonderful guide for our all day Colorado River trip below Hoover Dam. The tour consisted of just the two of us and Darrell, who was a great kayaking/hiking guide, always sharing his love of the sports and the area. No kayaking experience necessary.
From sunrise in NV to our final destination at Willow Beach, AZ the trip was amazing!

Visited October 2011