“Best and most challenging range in Vegas”
Review of Desert Hills Shooting Club - CLOSED

Desert Hills Shooting Club
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I've shot at several of the many ranges in Vegas. Most are indoors, which is OK if its hot outside I'm just planning to fire some handguns, but shooting large caliber long guns isn't especially fun due to the noise and the max. 20 yd range. Desert Hills Gun Club is an extremely challenging range where I've improved my skill as a shooter. The handgun range offers spots for paper targets while also having some easy-to-use steel targets (think: like those carnival games at the fair, except with a LOT more power). They have a nice range for long guns too, with stand placement out to 200 yd and fixed targets out to 1000 yard. They have skeet, trap and a course for sporting clays as well. Its a fairly large complex, so if you don't want to move around much between courses to use your different calibers, you can also shoot in the berms. Overall, this has grown to be one of my favorite places to shoot.

2  Thank bookman1995

Reviewed 16 February 2014

This was by far the best gun club that I visited, so good I went twice in two days!!! They picked up from the hotel Jim was our driver, great chap really nice. Once at the range obviously you go through the safety, watch a short film. You then choose what you would like to shoot, you rent each weapon that you choose, and the only cost after that is the ammo, which you can purchase as much or as little as you want, charges roughly 20 dollars for 15 rounds, depends what gun you use. Of course they have the 50cal sniper which you shoot at a target 1000 yards away, where else would you get the opportunity to see how this machine works? A brilliant experience, but be prepared for the bruise after firing it!! The kick from it is something else, I could only cope with firing 3 of the 5 bullets hubby had to finish it!! We used the glock as well, the instructor's were brilliant, nothing was to much trouble for them, you can stay as long as you want. A bit of advance warning that you want to go would be advised as they get quite busy, and not surprising, hence our return visit. Its great fun, as long as you remember your surroundings and the safety. You can shoot paper targets or steel targets which are fun, not as easy as it may look though!!! I was determined to hit them!!!! All said and done I highly recommend them, they are however now called Pro Gun Club. Will definitely go back there next time in vegas.

1  Thank nicola a
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

A special thanks to Chris, our host for the few hours we were out there, this was definitely the highlight of my bachelor party weekend. Highly recommend shooting the BAR, the grenade launcher and the Barrett M82 50 cal. Sooooo much fun. And all out in the open air. The 50 cal shots are at a target in the hills at 1000 yards

1  Thank BenTre75
Reviewed 4 September 2013

only 30 mins out of Vegas
get a golf buggy has to be a great time.
Guns for hire
Watch a video hire a gun and a buggy and off you go
Sporting lay out great but they also have trap ans skeet.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This was my Father's Day gift to my partner. He had no clue I had arranged this. I am pretty ignorant regarding guns, so I emailed desert hills, and asked them to put together a fun afternoon of shooting for my SO. I gave them an amount I wanted to spend, scheduled and time...and that was it. They are amazing! Personalized service, friendly and knowledgeable.