Casa Flores Restaurant Incorporated
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

We are from the East Coast and I have always heard that our Mexican restaurants failed in comparison to what they were supposed to be and now I know why. I wish I could bring this restaurant home to Pennsylvania with me<3 Sooooo good.

• Visited January 2014

Southern Nevada
“The Best Mexican Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

If you are looking for really good mexican food in southeast clark county nevada this is the place. Not only is the food good, but the drinks are too. The people that run the place are super friendly, and the service is great. It is in the quaint little town of Boulder City. If your travels take you to Hoover Dam or Lake Mead you should give this place a try.

• Visited August 2013
Boulder City, NV
“South of the Border in Boulder City”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

One of the longest lasting restaurants in Boulder City, Nevada, Casa Flores provides authentic 'Mexican-Americanized' food with 'hit-and-miss' service due to their down-sizing of staff. Fairly amenable personnel. No cocktails ordered; just a beer, so no comments on their margaritas, etc.
Brought out-of-town friends so 2 of the 3 of us scarfed dinner right down. I ordered their usually superb chile relleno in verde sauce, and while tasty, it was an anemic chile with an apparent lack of 'relleno'. These friends and I have dined here at least 3 earlier times, but I think we will give "Toto's" a try next time. They did not serve black beans and charge extra for more chips and accompanying dips. Prices are up, but most places are also. I'm sure given enough time, I will return to Casa Flores. Just not right away..........

• Visited May 2013
Las Vegas
“Not My Favorite”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

Should have known something was wrong. Sunday afternoon, 4 PM, the place was empty of customers. When we lived in Boulder City, Casa Flores was a once every 10 days eatery and was always busy enough to have to wait for a good table. Now, no hostess, the waiter, dressed in street clothes, showed us to a table and took and brought our drink orders. We ordered what had been our usual 4 years ago; I, a Chimichanga with half ground beef and half pulled beef. My wife, a Grampa Carnitas and Albondigas Soup. The soup was unremarkable. My order was just OK. After a few minutes, my wife pushed her plate away and said, "I can't eat this." I called the waiter and my wife asked him to bring another plate on which she could put the large globs of fat that she had wrapped in a napkin and be taken away. As he went to get the plate, she discovered another golf ball size glob and on his return she said she was unhappy and to remove the dish. The waiter returned from the kitchen and said the cook had told him that is the way carnitas is supposed to be. The rest of the conversation is not important. It is now 10 PM and we are hoping we have enough Alka-Seltzer to get through the night.

• Visited February 2013
Las Vegas
“Used to be great.. now NOT.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

We went in for drinks and dinner and I was saddened by the downward spiral. Juan the owner bartender is grumpy, short tempered and frankly rude. They didn't have Scotch whiskey of any kind in the bar. The Cadillac Margarita was just sweet syrup and decent tequila. Mostly just an upgrade in the price. They used to have the a fantastic chile relleno now it is just soggy freezer burned glop. Their Pico de gallo is still good though.

This restaurant used to be a 10 times a year location for me. I was creeped out the last time we went... doubt that I will ever return, but I doubt they will survive much longer. I am sorry to see it fall down.

• Visited January 2013