“Its all in the details....”
Review of The Bistro

The Bistro
Ranked #22 of 65 Restaurants in Boulder City
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 19 October 2013

My wife and I considered this a favorite restaurant until our most recent last week, and now we would not return. Our problem was two-fold - the service and the food. When we entered the restaurant we were ignored for about five minutes, even though the two chefs saw us and watched us with no action taken. The waitress was pleasant but not well trained as to how to care for customers. We asked for additional bread but it was never brought. My wife selected the wine but the waitress poured it for me to taste. My wife's food was served largely lukewarm. I ordered beef burgundy and the beef amount was rather small and had absolutely no flavor.
When we complained we found out that ownership of the restaurant had changed within this year, and considering the many outstanding meals we enjoyed in the past we could only concluded that the current owner is not maintaining the previous standard in waitress/chef training.
That is a shame because this was the best restaurant in Boulder City. It is small but full of atmosphere and the food previously excelled.

1  Thank billh2o

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We found this place by accident!!! We shared a pasta entre. The house salad was incredible! Fresh and delicious garlic bread straight from the oven! Great restaurant!!!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I live in Boulder City, the town that built that Hoover dam. I went here last night again, and I have no idea why I'd been away for so long.
Entering the restaurant, the smells are heavenly - in the Marcel Proust way smells are heavenly. Since taking over from the old owner, about a year now, the new owner has maintained the original menu and added some news-worthy specials.
The mushrooms were as amazing as they had always been - drenched in butter with enough spice to make you want to live there, and the French bread so hot, crunchy and delicious. The house salad is so simple - romaine, tomatoes, blue cheese and parmesan cheese with balsamic. But there's an art to it and a flair for making it crispy and crunchy and delectable, with just a hint of the blue cheese to make it different from everything you've ever eaten. I think they had a miss with my entrée - the red wine demiglaze was a bit at odds with its mint tones, but the chops were cooked a perfect medium rare and I ate it all.
I love the intimate feel of this restaurant, its tapestries, perfect lighting and candles, and open kitchen restaurant which makes you feel like sitting at one of ten tables is part of the club. After a hard Monday, I realized how much I missed relaxing through a real meal at the bistro.

1  Thank whata_13
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

We arrived with a party of 4 and ordered spagetti a steak and 2 pork filets. As the steak was ordered rare the kitchen decided that the 2 pork filets needed to be rare as well. So we asked them to recook them, they took the 2 pieces of pork to recook them. By the time the spagetti and the steack was eaten they brought the pork back and 2 people started eating their meat but the side dishes were cold by then. seems normal in this place as nobody felt the need to apolagise or say a word of excuse.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I ordered the pasta with seafood (shrimp and scallops) in a vodka cream sauce and it was great. A little shy on the scallops. The service was very good and we were seated without much of a wait at all.
The restaurant is small so you may want to make a reservation. Not much of a view, either, because it is in a little strip mall, but it was nice and we would eat there again.