“Clean, But Wouldn't Stay Here Again”

Milo's Inn at Boulder
Ranked #1 of 3 Boulder City B&B and Inns
Houston, TX
“Clean, But Wouldn't Stay Here Again”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Our party of two adults stayed for one night in December. While the room was very clean and nicely decorated, I would not stay here again.

Upon arrival late in the afternoon, we parked in front of the Inn and went to check in. The young lady we dealt with was very friendly and check-in was accomplished quickly. We were shown to our room, past the courtyard with the waterfall. Since it was a relatively cool evening and almost dark, there was no courtyard reception, but we were asked when we would like our glasses of sangria brought to our room.

We were advised to move our car from the main street in front of the wine bar and inn to a nearby side street, and given the key to the back, after hours entrance. As the previous reviewer stated, this involved a short walk down a wide alley, past some trash bins. Once inside the hotel property, we walked down the not well lit corridor to our room.

While the room was very, very clean and nicely decorated, it was not very comfortable. There were no windows, although the view would have been of the dark outside corridor anyway. The very small television was mounted above the doorway--very difficult to watch. We moved the small table and chairs provided back into the room so one person could sit there. The other person laid one of our suitcases along the bottom of the bed, sat on a bench that was at the foot of the bed and leaned back against the suitcase to watch the tv. Not very comfortable.

The bathroom was very large and had been nicely updated--except that there was absolutely nowhere in the walk-in shower to put anything. No place for soap, toiletry bottles-nowhere except to put them on the floor or open the shower door and reach out to put them on the sink. This made for a very awkward shower experience.

Upon check-in we had been asked if we would be having breakfast in the morning. We said yes, since it was included in the rate. We went down the next morning after 8:00 to find no one around. We went into the cellar, where we saw a small table or counter set up near the back. On here was a pitcher of juice that was almost empty, one glass, some kind of quiche or something similar, one pastry, and some instant oatmeal, with no means of cooking it. Didn't see or smell any coffee or other hot beverages. Since no one was in evidence, we just went back to the room, finished packing, left the keys, and found breakfast elsewhere.

While the location is good for walking to some restaurants and shops downtown, and the room was very clean, I really can't recommend this place to anyone else. I would not stay here again if I was in Boulder City.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TxOffWeGo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
spain
Reviewed 10 December 2012

These are the words uttered by the alleged Inn Keeper 'Mori'? when she finally deigned to grace us with her presence. I had booked a room at this B & B through booking.com in September and prepaid the first night. When arrived albeit a little early, I was told no problem, come back at 2 and we will check you in. I arrived back and found the room was not ready, and that they were thinking of offering me another room and then changing me back to the original room after one night. Not very convenient. I then asked would the room I wanted be ready by 3 and I was told yes. I arrived back at 3pm on the dot to find a very embarrassed young lady who was standing in for the Inn Keeper, who informed that the room was still not ready and the Inn Keeper was on her way and would be with me in 10 minutes. 25 minutes later, yes that's 3.25pm, my lady partner and I were still standing waiting for this mythical creature, the Inn Keeper of old Boulder City. When the Caped Crusader finally arrived at nearly 3.30pm, we heard the words above...in she strode, wet hair, attitude all business, no apology. As I had paid for this room some months before, I think you will agree that I had the right to be somewhat annoyed, and basically I told them to stick their unmade room.I requested a refund, which she agreed to with indecent haste, leaving us with the feeling that she couldn't wait to get us out of the building. Her lame excuse was that someone had not turned up to clean the room, and she had not been informed...so in effect she blamed someone else. I would have thought as the Inn Keeper this would have been her responsibility. On another note about the place itself. ~The wine bar looked very nice. I was told I could bring my baggage through the back door of the B & B and as I had time to spare, I did a quick recce of the rear of the building to find it looked like something out of a Top Cat cartoon, dustbins and sleazy. Not somewhere I would like to park my car for any length of time. I didn't actually see any of the rooms, so can't comment, but some walk ins who brushed past me earlier, proceed up the private staircase to view the rooms. Security nil. Would I recommend Milo's? Not with this Inn Keeper, I would sack her if she worked for my company. I hope if the owner of Milo's is reading this review, this is what happens. I am happy to expand if contacted. I will also be contacting booking.com.

Room Tip: try another hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank alexanderSpain
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 20 November 2012

We spent one night at Milo’s Inn in mid October 2012. I am really disappointed by the way how they treat their guests. I agree, the staff was friendly, the room was clean and nice but in the morning a small surprise waited for us. There was no service and no breakfast ( though the rate for the room included breakfast). The restaurant at the hotel was closed and we found the information on the door that we shall eat at the bar 3 doors up and leave the check in the room, so they refund us the money. 5 weeks passed by and we didn’t received the money for breakfast (though we contacted the Milo’s Inn Manager by e-mail). Well, we were satisfied with the stay at the hotel but this situation leaves an unpleasant feeling.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Izabela651
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 8 November 2012 via mobile

I had a work trip to Boulder City,NV this week and stayed at Milo's Inn. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Inn, the staff, the atmosphere, etc. Room was very clean and tastefully decorated. Fireplace was a nice touch. My room opened onto a beautiful courtyard with a pond and waterfall. Pond was full of koi, two turtles, and a frog. So cute. Staff were so kind and helpful. Extremely friendly place. If you was quaint, clean, and a touch of luxury- Milo's is a great place to stay. I would not stay anywhere else in Boulder city! I just loved it!!

• Stayed November 2012
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2012

The staff could not have been more friendly. We were welcomed by Marguerita, who offered us a complimentary bottle of wine, which in fact we took to dinner. We were exhausted after our flight, but were delighted with our rooms which were clean and comfortable. Pity we were too tired to have more than a very light meal, but the restaurant looked very popular. This little inn is absolutely charming, with a beautiful little courtyard with water features and a couple of resident turtles. Really sorry we couldn't stay longer

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank joelily
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 5 October 2012 via mobile

This place is quaint it is in between some antique shops and a wine cellar. It has a European feel to it in the desert. Looking around the town this is the best place prices are good they have great food the Mediterranean salad is a must try for $10.95 . Continental breakfast included and wine in the eve.

• Stayed October 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 23 August 2012

It was most awesome! The room had so much charm and comfort, it felt like we were in a different country. The service was amazing, we were treated like royalty.. The whole place is exquisite and will be visited again in the near future.. Perfect place for a private party or any special occasion that seeks that unique feeling.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vegaslivin
MilosInn, Manager at Milo's Inn at Boulder, responded to this review, 30 August 2012
Thank you very much for your lovely review!
I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope you consider us next time you would like to get away!

Best Regards,

Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Las Vegas/Henderson
Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino
Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino
#21 of 26 in Henderson

Been to Milo's Inn at Boulder? Share your experiences!