As we approached the end of our road trip on Route 66, my brother and I decided to take in the Hoover Dam. It meant that we arrived in Boulder City, NV, somewhat later in the evening, after a day spent driving in 120 degree heat. We were looking for a Best Western property that was listed on his GPS: eventually, we arrived at the Quality Inn, which had formerly been the Best Western Lighthouse Inn.
Since it was the end of a long, hot day, we were quite happy to stay at the first place that had a vacancy. The evening desk clerk was courteous and helpful, and we were able to get a room for around $95. This seemed like a good deal, especially since the room had decent beds and air conditioning.
I didn't spend much time in the room, apart from getting a good night's sleep. I did make extensive use of the computer that was located in the small lobby area. The evening desk clerk kindly encouraged me to use the computer for as long as I needed, and he also invited me to help myself to some complimentary coffee from the nearby breakfast area.
My brother and I hit the road early, but we managed to have a few simple breakfast items before we left. I did notice that the swimming pool was empty, but I also noticed that (by morning light) one gets a nice view of Lake Mead from the hotel parking lot.
All in all, the Quality Inn at Boulder City served its purpose: it provided us with a place to rest where we could also escape from the heat. It may, indeed, have somewhat limited appeal for long-term guests, but we found that it was adequately comfortable for a brief stopover on a longer journey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hoover Dam Inn is a modern hotel right in the heart of Boulder City. We offer all the things you would expect from a high-class hotel including a pool and hot tub, complimentary continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and RV/boat parking. We are located just minutes from a number of family friendly activities in and around Boulder City. We are also less than 45 minutes from the Las Vegas Strip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Quality Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Hotel Boulder City
- Best Western Lighthouse Hotel
- Best Western Boulder City
- Boulder City Best Western
- Quality Inn Boulder City, Nevada