Quality Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$77
US$75
BestWestern.com
Sands Motel(Boulder City)
US$74
Hoover Dam Lodge(Boulder City)
US$96
US$99
US$92
US$95
US$180
US$147
Nevada Inn(Boulder City)
Boulder Dam Hotel(Boulder City)
TripAdvisor
All reviewslake meadyogurtroom was cleanan older propertythe breakfast areaenglish muffinsgas stationself serve breakfastlake view balconysmall balconyfridge and microwaverecreational areafirst floorlas vegasgreat roombooked this hotelplenty of parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 September 2013

After a very hot day riding through Nevada on a motorcycle we checked into this hotel in Boulder City. Our room was very clean, big and comfortable. The pool and jacuzzi were also clean and a welcome sight. Breakfast was good. As we were leaving the desk clerk offered us two chilled bottles of water, knowing we were once again riding in very hot weather, and thanked us for staying with them. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Great views of Lake Mead from upper rooms!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2013

As we approached the end of our road trip on Route 66, my brother and I decided to take in the Hoover Dam. It meant that we arrived in Boulder City, NV, somewhat later in the evening, after a day spent driving in 120 degree heat. We were looking for a Best Western property that was listed on his GPS: eventually, we arrived at the Quality Inn, which had formerly been the Best Western Lighthouse Inn.

Since it was the end of a long, hot day, we were quite happy to stay at the first place that had a vacancy. The evening desk clerk was courteous and helpful, and we were able to get a room for around $95. This seemed like a good deal, especially since the room had decent beds and air conditioning.

I didn't spend much time in the room, apart from getting a good night's sleep. I did make extensive use of the computer that was located in the small lobby area. The evening desk clerk kindly encouraged me to use the computer for as long as I needed, and he also invited me to help myself to some complimentary coffee from the nearby breakfast area.

My brother and I hit the road early, but we managed to have a few simple breakfast items before we left. I did notice that the swimming pool was empty, but I also noticed that (by morning light) one gets a nice view of Lake Mead from the hotel parking lot.

All in all, the Quality Inn at Boulder City served its purpose: it provided us with a place to rest where we could also escape from the heat. It may, indeed, have somewhat limited appeal for long-term guests, but we found that it was adequately comfortable for a brief stopover on a longer journey.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located very close to both the Hoover Dam and Las Vegas. It is far enough from Vegas that you don't have to worry about the traffic and close enough to hop over whenever you want. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, and some of the views are very nice. The price is more than reasonable. The staff were all very friendly. We saw 30 big horn sheep at the park a couple blocks away. It is a good place to bring the kids. Decent view of the lake.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We wanted to be on one of the upper floors facing Lake Mead for the view. They charge extra for that. No elevator so if you can't climb the stairs, best to take a ground floor room. The drawback there is that certain animals can get it, like the snake that my girlfriend stepped on in her ground floor room. We had a few critters on the third floor, too, like ants and a cockroach. (To be expected in the desert, to some degree.)
The upsides: frig, microwave, complimentary Wi-Fi, a walk-out patio with chairs, a safe, complimentary breakfast, a nice big comfortable bed, table and chairs and a desk. The old-fashioned a/c kept up but just barely. The view of the mountains and the lake from our patio was spectacular and we watched a herd of longhorn sheep stroll by. It was breezy so the palm trees made that delicious sound. The pool looked clean and inviting but we didn't use it.
We suggested that the owners send my girlfriend a gift certificate or coupon to make up for the snake. I don't know if they will.

Room Tip: No elevators. Be prepared to walk the stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank krauser848
Reviewed 4 July 2013

The staff here is fantastic, "above and beyond the call of duty" type ladies! I cannot commend them enough; the gals at the desk are genuine sweethearts. Breakfast is also a hit with quite a variety, including scrambled eggs and fresh waffles. However, while the front sign boasts of a pool and spa, both were closed by the Health Dept. nearly a month ago - since June 13, according to documents posted on both locked gates.

Furthermore, we had five cockroaches, a large black spider, and a cricket in four days. The last night of our stay, we waited to go inside the room while a snake crossed our threshold. The only thing I could say was "Well, snakes do eat bugs."

As for Boulder City, it is quaint, and the park just north of the Quality Inn has a herd of wild Bighorn Sheep who visit daily to munch on the well maintained, grassy landscape! We enjoyed watching the Bighorn Sheep immensely.

We enjoyed our stay, despite the bugs, which we were assured are simply routine to life in the dry climate of Nevada where EVERYONE seeks out water. Had we been traveling with children, the lack of a pool would have been an issue, but we were there for Lake Mead, Hoover Dam, and area hikes. What a beautiful place! I would go back.

Room Tip: Insist on a view of the lake in a second or third floor room to decrease the likelihood of bugs and snakes. Be sure to check out the breakfast.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple