“Clean, Vintage Property”
Review of Boulder Dam Hotel

Boulder Dam Hotel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Boulder City
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel. It has the feel of a hotel from the 1930's but is clean and modern. The rate I got for a suite (on a Sunday) was outstanding. There are good restaurants in walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank carsonguy
There are newer reviews for Boulder Dam Hotel

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This hotel is on the National Register of Historical Places and is a non profit. They do no advertise so many may miss an opportunity to stay in a great room with great service for a very reasonalble price. We stayed the night of 18 June, the rate was less than many chain hotels within a few miles, nice downtown, quiet, pretty with serveral good restaurants nearby. Our complimentary breakfast was excellent, the room large and comfortable. The bathroom let you know where priorities were placed when the hotel was constructed in the 1930's and by current standards a little small but got the job done. The staff, Teri and Johneen were friendly and very helpful, if you are looking to gamble or need a pool for the kids, may not be your choice but if you want a quiet, comfortable room with a lot of history this would be the place. The museum that is a part of the hotel as well as the art/gift shop are nice bonuses as well.

Room Tip: The staff will work with your needs, I did not want to spoil the review with comments about the pool...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The Boulder Dam Hotel is a nice historic hotel near the Hoover Dam. It is about a 25 minute drive to Las Vegas. I would recommend it to those who want to be near the Dam, Lake Mead, or just want to stay away from the hubbub of Las Vegas.

The Boulder Dam Hotel was built in the early 1930s when construction on the Dam began. The hotel houses a museum about the Dam as well as a local art gallery. I wish I had more time to visit these, as we primarily stayed here as a place to rest before another active day of touring. The lobby itself is gorgeous and maintained in period style.

The rooms are not as large as most hotels in the US. This is a historic hotel, and hotel rooms simply are bigger now than what they used to be. This didn't bother me too much, but I would have appreciated more bathroom space. The bed wasn't the most comfortable I've experienced, but I was still able to sleep well.

The included breakfast is made cook to order, which is very nice compared to most buffets that "breakfast included" hotels provide. Just keep this in mind if you are on a schedule- I'd allow at least 45 minutes for breakfast. Also, be sure to be accurate in your guest count when you book. I absent mindedly booked for just one person, and because of that, we had to pay out of pocket for my husband's breakfast. It wasn't a big deal as they still offered us a hotel guest discount. I think we may have actually come out ahead because I believe the extra person charge is $10, but his breakfast was under that.

I found the area of Boulder City that the hotel was in charming. In retrospect, I think I would have preferred to just stay here than our subsequent stay on the Las Vegas strip. If you like some relaxation and history in your Vegas area stay, I would recommend the Boulder Dam Hotel.

Room Tip: If staying more than one night, request a room next to the staircase. It is quicker to get around...
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The Hotel is run by the local historical society. It was built in the early 1930 era. Pictures of the construction of Boulder Damn adorn the walls of the hotel. There is a museum. The hotel is furnished to the period of construction. We stayed in the Art Deco room for $120.00 a night. This was a small suite with all the amenities, 2 televisions and real glasses and silverware. I will enclose some pictures. The hotel is not really appropriate for children. The attached restaurant is very good.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014

An interesting and historic hotel an easy drive from Las Vegas. The lobby is delightful and the lady who welcomed us, sorry we had just flown in from the UK and driven direct to the hotel so was tired and I didn't note her name, was lovely. They don't serve dinner but located close to the main street so plenty of dining options. Breakfast was good. Overall a good place to stay outside of Vegas . Would certainly stay again.

1  Thank Roonie4
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night and loved this historic hotel. Beautiful place with great history. Staff was friendly. Lobby is comfortable. Our room was very large and had a nice view of the street front. The bed was heavenly!!!!! We would definitely stay again!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We spent two nights at the Boulder Dam Hotel. It is charming, and the renovations are sensitive to original building. The breakfast was nice; the location was lovely. However, I stay at hotels to sleep, first and foremost. I need a clean and comfortable bed, and a relatively quiet sleeping environment. I've travelled for 30 years and stayed at hotels -- I am realistic. But, when our neighbors arrived to their room at midnight and had been drinking, it was like they came into our room, too. We heard nearly everything they said, thanks to an adjoining door. Then they turned their TV on and promptly fell asleep. The TV must have also been near the adjoining door because we could hear it clearly. The next night we had new neighbors who also had the TV on, but low. We could hear it clearly. I think you should be able to talk and have your TV on without keeping your neighbors awake. Not the place for me.

Also, did not feel that the bed met my standards for cleanliness, and that definitely contributed to an uncomfortable stay.

1  Thank TheodoraTravels
Best Western Plus Henderson Hotel
Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino
Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino
#23 of 26 in Henderson

Been to Boulder Dam Hotel? Share your experiences!