“Well worth the money!”

Desert Adventures - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Black Canyon Hike and Desert Hot Springs Day Trip...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a full service outdoor adventure company. Our trips include kayaking, canoeing, stand-up-paddle boarding, hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, ATV tours and horseback riding. Our adventures are available in areas such as Zion, Bryce, and the Grand Canyon as well as the entire Lake Mead National Recreation Area. We specialize in guided trips from beginner to advanced, but we also have self guided trips, equipment rentals, wilderness medicine courses, and lessons available in most all of the disciplines. We have availability daily with free transportation from the Las Vegas strip available with all of our guided tours. We also have corporate and large (15+) group tours available.
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Get away and from the hustle and bustle of the strip! This tour is well worth the money, they are very accommodating. The full day black canyon tour is just spectacular. Regina is an awesome tour guide. The hot springs are gorgeous and relaxing. The views are spectacular. You will have to put forth some effort with paddling and hiking. Make sure to use Sun screen and bring a good attitude!

All reviews
"van ride"
"easy paddle"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We took the Black Canyon day trip. The day starts at the foot of the Hoover Dam after descending the steep construction road. The view looking at the dam is even more dramatic than looking down!
Our guide, Mac, was friendly, helpful, informative, chatty and fun. I am an experienced kayaker, but shared a double with my wife who is a novice, and several other of the party of 6 were also novices. There are lessons to get people started and everyone got the hang of it quickly.
The padding was actually very easy due to a combination of the downstream current and a steady tailwind. I understand it can be a lot more difficult with a headwind.
There are frequent stops to for short hikes up side canyons. (Hint - make sure you have the right footwear - suitable for wading through water, and clambering over rocks. I had reef shoes, but they were not substantial enough).
Each side canyon is different, but beautiful and interesting in it's own way. Most feature some type of hot spring/bath/shower/waterfall and there is even a natural sauna cave.
From start to finish, it was interesting, beautiful, professionally run and always fun.
Very highly recommended!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Took my sister and 13-year-old niece on the guided full-day Black Canyon kayaking trip when they came to visit from Connecticut. My sister kayaks in Long Island Sound on a regular basis, but I had never even been in a kayak before. The guided tour turned out to be amazing for both experience levels. There were six of us total on the tour, plus two guides--Jake, our official guide, and Scott, who was still training on this route. Both Jake and Scott were incredibly helpful, informative, patient, and personable. Given that this was my first time in a kayak AND it was a double kayak with my niece, I was particularly relieved to have two people who could provide guidance, giving my sister the freedom to focus on the trip and not on my need for instruction. So the kayaking itself went smoothly, allowing us to truly enjoy the sites and scenery: sauna cave, hot springs, wild flowers, Desert Bighorn Sheep, geological formations, Emerald Cave,.... I had been quite trepidatious about taking such a relatively long trip as a novice, but I needn't have been. It was an absolutely wonderful experience, and well worth the expense, which seemed more and more reasonable as the day went on and we realized what a well-planned, well-led, all-inclusive tour we were on.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

My wife and I booked this as part of our recent trip to Las Vegas. Thought it would be something different from the standard Vegas trip. It definitely was! Our guide (Isaac) was friendly, funny, and informative. Starting from the base of the Hoover Dam is an amazing way to begin your day.
The paddling is easy, downstream the whole day on flat water. A little windy for a few bits, but nothing bad. The Colorado River is very cold, but unless you drop your sunglasses in it (not recommended), then you don't need to worry about it. The sauna cave is really neat, and the hot springs were quite relaxing.
I highly recommend this for anybody looking to try something a little different on their trip to the LV area.

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I booked the full-day Black Canyon Kayak trip at the end of last year for my birthday trip to Vegas and it couldn't have been better organised. I had ample contact prior to the trip and they e-mailed and left me a voice message the day before the trip to confirm pick-up time. Daniel was our driver and very knowledgeable on the way to Boulder City. Dan was our guide for the day and it was a great day. As it was only the two of us, Dan and Dan's friend (who was considering becoming a guide) we managed to see much more than had it been a bigger group. On the way back to Vegas, we had Dan, Daniel and I'm afraid i can't remember the name of the third guy who eventually took us back to our Hotel, taking us to a local park where there had been sightings of a group of big horned sheep as we hadn't seen any on our trip!

Overall, a great trip and a brilliant way to spend my birthday. We'll definitely do the camping trips the next time we go the Vegas!!

As I mentioned on the day, I found the company by chance whilst looking for trips on TripAdvisor as It comes under Boulder city. May be an idea to advertise under Vegas as well!

Keep up the good work!