“Our second visit was just as good as the first.”
Review of Le Carre d'Herbes

Le Carre d'Herbes
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We returned to this restaurant recently having first eaten there in April. Our B and B booked ahead for us and we arrived and were rather concerned that there was a large party eating ahead of us. So we assumed service would be slow etc.. However this was not the case at all. The service was highly efficient - we were given advice about the wine which was excellent advice and I had a terrific meal. Fillet of steak cooked to perfection with equally delicious chips ( not too many) in a fruity sauce. Afterwards I had probably the best cheesecake I had ever eaten for dessert. My husband was pleased with his lamb which came on a skewer with fruits and with polenta cooked with goats cheese.
We sat outside in the garden which was pleasant but no great view.
A thoroughly excellent meal.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We ate dejeuner here on Sunday market day and thoroughly enjoyed our two plat du jours. Veal salad and sorrel mushroom stuffed rabbit loin was excellent and the house pichet of Rose was equal to the meal - cool and dry. We hope to return!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

L'isle sur la sorgue is a beautiful town with the river running through, the nice bars to sit and relax in the shade and good restaurants. We picked Le Carre d'Herbes after sizing things up and were not disappointed. From entering and being seated beside a nice little fountain, we were well looked after by the delightful staff. I had lamb brochettes with sesame seeds and noodles to start. A very nice, slightly oriental dish in taste. I then had the fillet steak which came in a very good, reduced wine sauce and excellent frites. To round off I had the cafe gourmand. My wife had yellow pepper gazpacho, delicious she said, followed by lamb which she is still talking about. Can't remember what she had for dessert but the plate emptied quickly enough. With a bottle of Rasteau, served slightly chilled because of the heat, two bottles of Badoit and coffees the bill came to just over 100 euros. I know you can eat cheaper elsewhere but I think it's worth paying a little extra for this superior food.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Excellent meal, beautifully presented. We sat outside on a very warm day. It was very busy but we were well looked after by delightful staff. We went home very happy.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

We had Sunday lunch here while shopping the antiques market. It was delightful. Had we not had a reservation we would not have even known it was there.
The presentation was so great and the food was outstanding. Great atmosphere.