Following several idyllic stays at La Maison Sur La Sorgue, our favorite place to stay in Provence, this special place has become part of what we most love about France. The remarkably renovated building embodies the best of class and style. Guests are warmly greeted as they pass through the substantial 17th century door and enter this cool and contemporary space where they are enveloped in luxury and comfort. From owners Marie-Claude and Frédéric who are incredibly accomplished and perceptive hosts, to beautifully designed rooms that you just want to pack up and take home with you, the experience of staying here is…quite perfect.
Leaving the private sanctuary of our room each morning, we were greeted by the soft sound of jazz wending up the stone stepped stairwell. Breakfast never disappoints and always has extra surprises like desserts or a fresh fig with a dab of goat cheese just collected from the cheese vendor set up right outside the hotel door on market day. The beautiful gallery and shop are added bonuses, as are Marie-Claude and Frédéric themselves. They make our visits extra special with their conversation, kindness, and graciousness.
The hotel is in center of town, a busy place on market days, but at La Maison Sur La Sorgue you feel you are in your own calm and private zone whether in the breakfast room, garden, or your room. While we know each room is unique and luxurious, I almost hesitate to share details of The Loggia as we consider it to be 'our room.’ This special spot has a private terrace where you can relax while listening to the wind in the big sycamore tree and the fluttering of wings and cooing of doves. It does not get better than this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boutique Hotel La Maison Sur La Sorgue and its hosts offer you charming suites in a former private mansion in the heart of l' Isle sur la Sorgue.You enter by an unassuming door, which opens into a serie of cool rooms through wich you glimpse a verdant garden laid out on the banks of the Sorgue river under a majestic Sycamore.We eargely await you, and rest at your disposal to help you organize your stay in Provence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your La Maison sur la Sorgue - Esprit de France reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Maison Sur La Sorgue Hotel l`Isle-Sur-La-Sorgue
- La Maison Sur Sorgue
- La Maison Sur La Sorgue - Esprit De France L'Isle-Sur-La-Sorgue