We stayed here during our south of France trip sometime ago. It looked very impressive on the pictures on the internet. Even though it's on the pricey side, at Euro300 per night, we decided to stay there because we were only in L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue for 2 days. We didn't mind indulging ourselves a little on something unique.
When we arrived, we were each offered something to drink which was a nice gesture. The host seemed friendly. When we booked, we understood from information on the internet that there was a pool and so I was hoping that I could have a swim, especially it was in the middle of summer. To my disappointment the pool was no bigger than a large tub, certainly not possible for one to have a proper swim or do laps. I am used to small pools in hotel but this can hardly be called a pool.
The room was well-decorated and furnished, just like in the photos, and had a homely feel. We had a room where the bath area is at the mezzanine level, which is connected to the main area with a spiral staircase. That was quite unique of course. Insofar as the room (its set up, decor and level of comfort) is concerned, we were happy.
One thing that puts us off a little was the breakfast. We were given cooked eggs, some warm bread and croissants, yoghurt, coffee and a glass of fresh juice. The taste was good but overall, the portion of the breakfast was just not enough. At a price of Euro300 per night, one would expect a more generous breakfast serving at the very least.
Overall, while this "maison" is full of character and quirky in a positive way, we think it's a little over-priced. However, if money is not an object and you want a boutique hotel-style accommodation with stylish decor (but at the same time having rustic provencale feel), this may be the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boutique Hotel La Maison Sur La Sorgue and its hosts offer you charming suites in a former private mansion in the heart of l' Isle sur la Sorgue.You enter by an unassuming door, which opens into a serie of cool rooms through wich you glimpse a verdant garden laid out on the banks of the Sorgue river under a majestic Sycamore.We eargely await you, and rest at your disposal to help you organize your stay in Provence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your La Maison sur la Sorgue - Esprit de France reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Maison Sur La Sorgue Hotel l`Isle-Sur-La-Sorgue
- La Maison Sur Sorgue
- La Maison Sur La Sorgue - Esprit De France L'Isle-Sur-La-Sorgue