“WOW! Love this place!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Herrieden
Markttriebendorf
“WOW! Love this place!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We moved from the USA to Germany and needed a place to stay for 4+ weeks while we looked for a home. Traveling with us is our 6 year old German Shepherd:) Herr Schneider and his daughter Michaela (sp) made us feel like family. Every day we enjoyed talking with them about the area, about life, and all the little things. They truly know how to treat people well.
The rest of the staff were just as nice and friendly.
The hotel was great! Ours had a kitchen since we were staying so long. Spacious and very comfortable.
The restaurant was AMAZING! We ate there every night and gained at least 15 pounds over the course of 4 weeks. Every meal was fantastic! I was so impressed one evening that I went to tell Herr Schneider as we were heading back to the room. Funny thing was that he was wearing a chef uniform this night:) He was the one that made this nights meal! He does it all just not all on the same night:)
This place has so many things to point out as special there isn't enough room. We plan to do as many anniversaries and birthdays at The Hotel Bergwirt as we can. Just so happens we live less than a half hour away now. Can't wait for our next candlelight dinner here or maybe we will try the Las Vegas room.

Room Tip: Whether you are staying here for the night or just passing through try the candlelight dinner! It is...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Finnish first
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I was staying in the Bergwirt for a business trip at a convention in Nurnberg. So the only time I saw the hotel was in the evening and in the morning. But it was such a great place with a very accommodating staff that it made it worthwhile. The breakfasts were fantastic, especially if you like bread, meat and cheese. In fact, all the meals were some kind of combination of bread, meat and cheese. But I am not complaining.

Each night, after a long day at the show, we would come back for a wonderful dinner and then drinks until we were filled, or tipsy, it was convention mode. The dining room/bar would not close until we were done, which was very nice, in fact some nights they would stay open until well past 1 am.

If you are in the area, I highly recommend this nice, old style hotel in the countryside.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This hotel is set on the edge of a beautiful, pastoral open field (not too far from the highway)and is an easy walk into the small town of Herrieden. Our room had definite WOW factor when we walked in and was simply lovely. Our top floor, corner room over looked open rolling fields to a red roofed village in the distance, had a balcony, beautiful canopy bed and wonderful, modern bathroom with towel warmer and jacuzzi tub. Breakfast with "the flamingos" was excellent and included a good variety of hot and cold choices. Spent 2 nights here and were able to easily visit Rothenberg and Dinelsbuhl for the day and return. There was nothing that wasn't perfect about this hotel and we definitely recommend it to others who prefer a very quiet accomodation a little out of the major tourist areas.

Room Tip: Ask for the "Honeymoon Suite", it is lovely!! If it is not available request a room facin...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gerry J
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed 8 May 2011

I spent three nights at this inn while visiting relatives in the area and enjoyed every minute I was there!

The inn is on the outskirts of Herrieden so it's away from the central town which is nice from a sound standpoint. My room faced a open field and small village in the distance, so there was no noise at all if I chose to keep the windows open. There is a walking path that you can take to walk into town so you don't have to walk down one of the busy streets if you don't want to. On two mornings, I went out for a nice three to four mile walk into town and even to a neighboring village (again via a path).

The room was spotless and the bed very comfortable. (Although as with the four other places I stayed in Europe, I had to adjust to having no top sheet...just a duvet.) The bathroom is small, but efficient with everything you need. All was in good working order.

The staff was very nice and helpful. With my German being nicht gut, I had an issue at one point with the woman at the reception desk not speaking English. She immediately called someone on the phone who could speak English and helped to answer my question.

I thought the breakfast buffet was wonderful. There was the typical large selection of meats, cheese, breads, and vegetables, as wells as fresh fruit, cereals, yogurt, juices, coffee, tea, and eggs to your making. I'm usually not a big breakfast eater, but I coudn't pass it up. The breakfast room is delightful, including a sunroom. I had one dinner in the restaurant which I thought was excellent.

I would go back there in a heartbeat!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank janefish
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herrieden
Hotel Zur Sonne
Hotel Gasthof Krone
Hotel Gasthof Krone
#2 of 3 in Spalt
IL Castello Hotel Ristorante

Been to Landgasthof-Hotel Bergwirt? Share your experiences!