“It was just Ok for me”

Candlewood Suites-Omaha Airport
Ranked #63 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites near the Omaha airport for two nights in April while on business. The location, close to the airport, is great, but there is nothing in the immediate area in terms of restaurants, clubs, movies or shopping.

The hotel is a moderately priced long-stay property, so the rooms are fitted out with a full kitchenette, including a full size fridge, stove, dishwasher and kitchenware to support all that. The design of the rooms was function, but not inspiring. I think I'd have a hard time staying there for an extended period just on that basis.

The front desk staff were helpful and friendly.

The room was clean and the bed comfortable. I did have a problem with the toilet in one room that required me to move rooms because the hotel does not have maintenance staff on site. I found this kind of amazing, but I guess that's one way to help keep the prices low.

Since there are kitchens in the rooms, there is restaurant or breakfast available.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Erin S, Manager at Candlewood Suites-Omaha Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Good Afternoon Doug,

I would like to thank you for the review on Trip Advisor, and also I would like to apologize for your trouble with the bathroom. We take great pride in keeping our guest happy, and with our Maintenance Manager not being on property that day, we didn't want you to keep you in a room with a bad toliet. I understand your frustration, but unfortunately we had to move and I again apologize about that. If there is anything I can do or answer any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Mike Cliffe
Director of Sales
Candlewood Suites
(402) 342-2500

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Staff was great. Loved the onsite store. Sheets were old and bumpy (when worn too much they become rough) these were too old. Shower had no safety tape on the inside of the tub, very slippery and dangerous. Also, there was about a half inch rise between the dining area and the bedroom, just enough to catch your toe, especially at night when you used the bathroom. Very dangerous. I love the fact that you have a full stove, refrigerator, sink & dishwasher and dishes (very nice one's too!) No offensive smells, the room and hotel has a very friendly atmosphere. WiFi was very easy to use. The TV channels were a bit messed up but that was because they had just changed their program provider. I would definitely stay there again. Very close to the Century Link Center (where we were) and just a hop/skip to the casino's on the Iowa side. I actually loved the place, just fix those couple of things and buy new sheets :o)

Room Tip: We stayed in 119, right next to the in house grocery and never heard a peep.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Azona50036
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites-Omaha Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Azona50036,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to note that you liked the location of our hotel as well as the room amenities, friendly staff and cupboard. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and superior accommodations. I am sorry that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your standards in particular the bedding and floor layout. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your comments has been forwarded to the hotel management and we are confident they will take necessary actions to improve our guest satisfaction.

Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lera P

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 36 days and I have absolutely no complaints and would recommend it for anyone staying in Omaha. The staff was the most pleasant and helpful of any hotel I have ever stayed at and my career involves motel living most of the year. I saved a lot of money on restaurants by having a full kitchen inside and gas grills outside. FREE laundry was a huge plus. Even the detergent is free.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank jbprivate1
Erin S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites-Omaha Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for your kind words! It's amazing how we can develop such a connection with our guests, when they are with us for an extended period of time like you were. Glad to hear you enjoyed the new gas grills we purchased this year. They are always such a huge hit with our extended guests.

Hopefully business will bring you back to us AGAIN!

Erin Sindelar

Reviewed 23 March 2014

This hotel meets the usual standards for cleanliness and amenities for its class. It also meets the usual standards for the "Candlewood" brand. So that's all very nice.
For those using Omaha airport, it is certainly very convenient. However, central Omaha is not much further from the airport, with a wide variety of hotels and restaurants available. If using Omaha airport in the future, I will book a hotel closer to the Old Market area (great selection of restaurants and bars), and add 10 minutes in planning the trip to the airport.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank fred_cameron
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites-Omaha Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear fred_cameron,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Ben J

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I travel extensively for my job. Quite frankly, unless a hotel is dirty or has poor customer service (and I just don't stay at those hotels) they are kind of all the same. This was one of my favorite hotels for a very specific reason. Certainly a nice hotel, friendly staff and close to the airport but that's not the reason it stands out in my mind. During my stay I happened to be in a room that overlooked a field and i happened to look out the window as the sun was setting and there had to be 50 bunnies in that field jumping and playing. One of the best moments ever! Seriously, I still remember it 5 years later. Was just in Omaha today and had really pleasure of that awesome memory.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Riskconsultant

I appreciate you taking the time to put in a review for our hotel. I'm glad that so many years ago you had such a pleasant experience, watching nature at it's best here at the Candlewood. Just this year we had a mother duck make a nest right in our flower bed, and we got to watch as the 12 eggs hatched...amazing.

We look forward to seeing you, your next trip to Omaha.

Erin Sindelar

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Flew to Omaha for a concert and to meet friends coming in from Kansas City and Des Moines. We chose Candlewood because it seemed everything else was sold out. We weren't too far from the concert venue, but staff told us a shuttle bus would take us to the concert and greater Omaha downtown area....that didn't happen. I didn't even see a shuttle the entire time.
The room was nice though. Spacious space with nice kitchen area. I never saw the housekeeping staff but the room was always refreshed. The staff at check-in didn't seem to be interested in checking us in and didn't offer any information when we asked about the area. Pep up the fun and perhaps we will return!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites-Omaha Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear ChicagoCody,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide an enjoyable, relaxing, clean and comfortable accommodations. It's great to hear that you liked our room accommodation. However, I sincerely apologize for any shortcomings you may have experience due to our shuttle service. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Lera P

Reviewed 11 December 2013

At times you don't need or want daily room service and enjoy having a full-size fridge and kitchenette this is a great place to stay. Close to the airport and easy enough to get anywhere in town you'd want to get to.

Room Tip: There is a school bus parking lot behind hotel. Odd rooms (back side) during school days will be su...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Omaha
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha Airport
Best Western Plus Omaha Airport Inn
Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites Omaha
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha Airport
Super 8 Omaha Eppley Airport/Carter Lake
La Quinta Inn & Suites Omaha Airport Downtown

Been to Candlewood Suites-Omaha Airport? Share your experiences!