“Quality accommodation for the price...”

Candlewood Suites-Omaha Airport
Ranked #62 of 84 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The hotel is new and very convenient with an airport shuttle. Staff is friendly, rooms are clean and the onsite store is convenient with a convenience store a minutes walk away. The only drawback would be if you were looking for many food delivery options because you would be out of luck...

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Rich G
Erin S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites-Omaha Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Rich,

Thank you for taking the time to respond with a review. I'm glad your overall stay was pleasant. I hear what you are saying about restaurants not delivering to us. I want you to know I have started to build relationships with some of the local restaurants, encouraging them to deliver to our guests.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Erin Sindelar

Reviewed 12 July 2014

The choice was mine since it had an airport shuttle, although someone else booked it. Their was some miscommunication re: location of the shuttle by the Front Desk staff: they said to go to one spot and the shuttle was at another spot for a while. I waited about 20 minutes, then went back into the terminal and called again. Then, the shuttle appeared. The driver indicated they stay at another spot and he was a bit irritated that the Front Desk person told me to wait where I did.

This got fixed, so I was finally on my way. Check-in was fairly easy, so no complaints. Decor was average - nothing grand but not shabby, worn, or old. The television was unplugged, which made things a bit difficult. Don't know why it would have been and one would hope housekeeping would check this after every check-out.

The water is heavily-softened - why do hotels DO this? I slipped a number of times, and they don't have a tub mat either. I would prefer the water not be so heavily-softened.

Internet was fine. There is no complimentary breakfast, but they do have a small "Cupboard" to buy items. I waited until I got to the airport.

All-in-all, an okay stay, but if I had to stay again, I'll stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cm632000
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites-Omaha Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear cm632000 ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for the issues you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed one night in this hotel of our three nights in Omaha (very nice town in deed!). The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was big and the bed very soft and we had an excellent restful sleep. Behind the hotel is a sitting area where you can smoke and drink in peace. Excellent in a worm May night. The hotel is pretty far from downtown and there is nothing near the hotel (this said there is a gas station one minute walk away where you can find food etc.) so a car is very important if you want to see / do something in Omaha. The shuttle for the airport works perfectly and can bring you also to ohter places. We can recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Doffa
Erin S, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites-Omaha Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

First I would like to thank you for taking the time in taking the survey and replying to it. Every survey helps the hotel in reveiwing it's policies and also help with customer service for every guest. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and if you need anything please do not hesitate to contact the hotel.

Phone: (402) 342-2500.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Fine. Okay. Adequate. Passable. Serviceable. You'll have to fill in the sixth. A local colleague booked this spot for me, near the Omaha airport. The rooms are big enough with refrig and range, if that matters to you. it's convenient to the airport for sure. But it has the feel of an older property, the wear shows and like many properties, the owners do not seem too eager to reinvest. The rooms are somewhat depressing and there is no dark shade available for daylight.
This is one plausible choice for your quick business trip here, but do not look for either personality or anything that resembles decent dining nearby. I don't recall who I'm paraphrasing when I observe "Of all my hotel stays in the Midwest, this is the most recent."

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear CLF422,

I would like to take this time and thank you for taking our hotel survey. Even though it wasn't the best survey, it still does help the hotel with either mistakes that we have made or anything that can help make your stay more enjoyable.

I am sorry that you felt the hotel is aging. Well you're right, the hotel is aging and we will have been open for 6 years this coming July. With all of the people that have stayed, the building does start to age. With that being said, we are in the process and have already started with some updates. Before the month of May this year, we had all of the hallways and rooms freshly painted. Next we are in the process of getting all new Linen for our beds and also are going to start replacing all of the recliners in all rooms. Our ownership group does a good job into putting their investment back into the hotel. Hopefully when you come back through Omaha in the next 4 to 6 months we will have a little new look in our hotel.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly. We look forward to your return.

Phone: (402) 342-2500

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I made a reservation in Feb 2014 for this hotel at the rate plan of $74.99/night. TODAY I received a letter in the mail from GM Erin Sindelar stating that "...if for any reason you check out earlier... the hotel will be charging you... $179.99
I resent the "bait and switch" and now I must cancel my trip because I am in a situation where my parents are very elderly and I never know when I may need to rush home for their care.
I would have liked to have attached a scanned copy of the letter I received today. I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau about the "trick" being played by management. I will also be contacting the Nebraska Attorney Generals Office if I do not receive an appropriate reply from Candlewood management within 14 business days.
Words can not express my disappointment and DISGUST with this situation! I look forward to this trip every year! I believe that had I booked the room at $179.99 and then decided to just pay $74.99, Candlewood would find that unacceptable JUST as I find this "bait and switch" action unacceptable!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Chuckwud
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites-Omaha Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Chuckwud,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate you bringing your concern to our attention. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your reservation in further details.I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I fly out of Omaha all the time. Used to stay loyally at another hotel in same area. But recently it has gone downhill. I have tried this place a few times. It's okay. Not amazing. I have tried all the hotels in that area. If you don't need a free breakfast. This seems to be best bet. No major complaints but no giant praise either.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AngryBirdMSP
Erin S, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites-Omaha Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

I would first like to thank you for your response. Those that respond to the survey's really do help a hotel understand what their guest are asking for, and it will also help with how we handle things in the future. I would also like to thank you for staying with the Candlewood Suites Omaha Airport, and giving us a chance.

The staff at the Candlewood Suites Omaha Airport is dedicated to making everone's stay more enjoyable. If there is anything you like to discuss that would make your next stay more enjoyable, please do not hesiate to contact me.

Phone: (402) 342-2500

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites near the Omaha airport for two nights in April while on business. The location, close to the airport, is great, but there is nothing in the immediate area in terms of restaurants, clubs, movies or shopping.

The hotel is a moderately priced long-stay property, so the rooms are fitted out with a full kitchenette, including a full size fridge, stove, dishwasher and kitchenware to support all that. The design of the rooms was function, but not inspiring. I think I'd have a hard time staying there for an extended period just on that basis.

The front desk staff were helpful and friendly.

The room was clean and the bed comfortable. I did have a problem with the toilet in one room that required me to move rooms because the hotel does not have maintenance staff on site. I found this kind of amazing, but I guess that's one way to help keep the prices low.

Since there are kitchens in the rooms, there is restaurant or breakfast available.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Erin S, Manager at Candlewood Suites-Omaha Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Good Afternoon Doug,

I would like to thank you for the review on Trip Advisor, and also I would like to apologize for your trouble with the bathroom. We take great pride in keeping our guest happy, and with our Maintenance Manager not being on property that day, we didn't want you to keep you in a room with a bad toliet. I understand your frustration, but unfortunately we had to move and I again apologize about that. If there is anything I can do or answer any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Candlewood Suites
(402) 342-2500

Also consider these accommodations in or near Omaha
Best Western Plus Omaha Airport Inn
Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites Omaha
La Quinta Inn & Suites Omaha Airport Downtown
Hampton Inn Omaha Airport
Hampton Inn Omaha Airport
#2 of 6 in Carter Lake
Home2 Suites by Hilton Omaha West
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Omaha Airport, IA

Been to Candlewood Suites-Omaha Airport? Share your experiences!