“A little NOLA in ND” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #145 of 1,337 Restaurants in Omaha
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Cajun & Creole, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Live music Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights!
Wisconsin
“A little NOLA in ND”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Loved the food here! Service was excellent... so good I went three times in the week I was in town. Seafood specialties were my fave along with dessert and good coffee. The music and relaxed atmosphere was relaxing, but they were always able to get me back to work in plenty of time.

Visited April 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

The Best creole food in Omaha. I was really shocked on how the food taste sooooooo GOOD. I tried there crab cakes and there gumbo and had my mother try mine and it was so good to her she ended up ordering her own. Like I said the food is GREAT.

1 Thank Relle J
Omaha, Nebraska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If I could have selected zeros for every option I would”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

If I could have selected 0 for every option I would have. We waited at our table with the menu for over twenty minutes. It was more than slow when we went in and there were plenty of servers wandering around but no one asked if we were ready to order . . I didn't know who our server was.... They were more concerned with a large table about to pay and leave. Still we sat and waited hoping for someone to recognize my irritation. That didn't happen. There was someone there who seemed like management??! But he just kept messing with the computers and staff and hurriedly got his food to go. Not only was the place dirty and dead, but the live band started and was so loud it was annoying. We walked out and no one batted an eyelash. Worst experience ever. I have been in this business and know this is awful treatment and disgusting behavior that is considered customer service

1 Thank chippers0
Jordan J, General Manager at Jazz - A Louisiana Kitchen, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
chippers0,
First, I want to apologize for your experience. Can you please contact GM Jordan Jackson at jacksonj@jazzkitchen.com so we can gather some details on your visit and we can make changes to insure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks,
Management
Omaha, Nebraska
“Beware the extra charges!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I just picked up a take out order from Jazz and was really disappointed to see a 25 cent charge per item as a to go fee. I asked what the charge was for and I was informed that it was to pay for the styrofoam containers. I'm curious, do they charge guests that eat in the dining room to pay for the dishwashing labor? I was also told that "most places charge for to go orders", which I have never experienced before. People should also be aware that they charge 50 cents per item when a band is playing as well. I know it's not that much, but it seems like a strange way to make a buck. If the food was great I would pay these fees, but it isn't. Sad.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Jordan J, General Manager at Jazz - A Louisiana Kitchen, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Dear the_winged_one,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the nominal 25 cents charge
we apply per container on takeout orders. The 50 cent band charge policy is stated on our front door and in our menus so that visiting guests are aware of this.

Respectfully,
Management
“Just say NO!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Very Very bad frozen Microwaved reheated food served cold and the seafood had the consistency of mush. Skip this place and find somewhere else to eat. The VARSITY BAR and GRILL is great!

• 1 of 5 bubbles

Been to Jazz - A Louisiana Kitchen? Share your experiences!