“Bad experience, wonderful manager”

Jazz - A Louisiana Kitchen
Ranked #151 of 1,346 Restaurants in Omaha
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Live music Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights!
Terre Haute, Indiana
“Bad experience, wonderful manager”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We visited on Memorial day weekend and expected the place to be busy around 7pm. It wasnt and appeared to be a poorly lit empty performance hall. We started off being put in a dark corner when we were seated. The live jazz band was really good and a unexpected treat. The our waitress was polite but not engaging and brought us our watered down daquires. Bread was NOT special, basically filler. My food sat on the counter for 10min and was cold by the time I got it. My boyfriends was really excited to try good cajun food based on tripadvisor ratings, but none of the staff knew how to advise him on how to eat it. His food was fine until the 2nd to last crawfish which was oddly textured/green and made him spit it out onto his plate. Complained to the in house manager, our waitress, and she attempted to compinsate our offputting meal with a free dessert. Settled our tab to escape. Called back the next day, spoke to the manager, Ben, who was EXTREMLY obliging and offered to comp our meal. Overall it was a negative experience, but I would give them another shot, if I made my expectations clear before the dining experience

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank somelikeithot89
Jordan J, General Manager at Jazz - A Louisiana Kitchen, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to speak with a manager while you were at the restaurant and then the follow up call. We welcome feedback and we want our customers to know that we want you to leave the restaurant happy with your experience. We hope you will visit again soon. Thanks.

“Will go again”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I had the blacken talapia with shrimp it was really good even the next day. Our server was very good. Just to bad we were not there on a night the band was playing would have made an even better mother's day.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sharon F
Wisconsin
“A little NOLA in ND”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Loved the food here! Service was excellent... so good I went three times in the week I was in town. Seafood specialties were my fave along with dessert and good coffee. The music and relaxed atmosphere was relaxing, but they were always able to get me back to work in plenty of time.

Visited April 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

The Best creole food in Omaha. I was really shocked on how the food taste sooooooo GOOD. I tried there crab cakes and there gumbo and had my mother try mine and it was so good to her she ended up ordering her own. Like I said the food is GREAT.

1 Thank Relle J
Omaha, Nebraska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If I could have selected zeros for every option I would”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

If I could have selected 0 for every option I would have. We waited at our table with the menu for over twenty minutes. It was more than slow when we went in and there were plenty of servers wandering around but no one asked if we were ready to order . . I didn't know who our server was.... They were more concerned with a large table about to pay and leave. Still we sat and waited hoping for someone to recognize my irritation. That didn't happen. There was someone there who seemed like management??! But he just kept messing with the computers and staff and hurriedly got his food to go. Not only was the place dirty and dead, but the live band started and was so loud it was annoying. We walked out and no one batted an eyelash. Worst experience ever. I have been in this business and know this is awful treatment and disgusting behavior that is considered customer service

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank chippers0
Jordan J, General Manager at Jazz - A Louisiana Kitchen, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
chippers0,
First, I want to apologize for your experience. Can you please contact GM Jordan Jackson at jacksonj@jazzkitchen.com so we can gather some details on your visit and we can make changes to insure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks,