“Great Food Good service ”
Review of Herbe Sainte

Herbe Sainte
Ranked #123 of 1,409 Restaurants in Omaha
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

The New Orleans style Appetizers and entrees were good and the service was great.
The mixed drinks were especially delicious

Great place to have dinner before a movie or to bring friends for dinner and cocktails.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Herbe Saints is a New Orleans inspired bar/cafe. Great atmosphere, friendly service. Craft cocktails and a terrific beer list. The food is not bad at all, in fact it is quite tasty. The Cajun specialities are authentic and, although the portion sizes are on the small side, very attractively presented. The crayfish cheesecake is a standout, as well as the red clam chowder.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

I have been to Herbe Sainte twice. LOVED the NOLA shrimp and sazerac cocktail-apt since the restaurant is named for a liqueur in sazerac, a drink invented in New Orleans. Sadly neither are on the happy hour menu, which could use a few more Cajun or Creole options, but I was happy with the peel and eat shrimp, though I would have liked a spicier version too. Tables and couches make it a nice place for cocktails after work or movie. I would love to see oyster stew, jambalaya, and a good shrimp and/or oyster po'boy instead of roast beef . I will be back to try more, but not at dinner hour as it gets crowded. The brunch menu looks interesting, would like pecan waffles, rum punch and cafe Brulot if chef is reading this!

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Sat outside which was awesome. Had shrimp and grits and we had another 6 shrimp small plate. It was very good. Not a large menu but a nice place to be comfy and have a drink or two!

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our entrees and the gumbo was wonderful. Next time I'll try the "red clam" chowder which I usually hear called Manhattan clam chowder....not many places serve it. The desserts were amazing, all made at their sister restaurant's kitchen: bread pudding made with almond croissants; Chess pie; beignet's; and the most amazing NO traditional apricot torte with creme fraiche. We do not usually order dessert, but we could not resist sampling these, and it was definitely worth it. Dining available inside and out. We also enjoyed the French press coffee.

Been to Herbe Sainte? Share your experiences!