“Fun family getaway” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 81 Hotels in Omaha
Shawnee, Kansas
“Fun family getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

This was our 4th stay at the hotel. Good place for kids. The hotel is new and clean. Rooms that we have stayed in are two room suites that make it good for families. But the reason to come is the mini-water park. It's has several things to do, is large enough to not feel too crowds and comes with room price. Mom and dad like being able to go to attached sports bar for a happy hour drink to bring back to pool area. One minor complaint is that the water could be a bit warmer. Spoke with management last visit but was told it was fine. The breakfast at attached sports bar is expensive and service is slow. Lots of families make hallways and rooms a bit noisy, but should be somewhat expected. Also the location downtown is ideal.

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank MarqReeves
holiday1420, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Omaha Downtown Airport, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Marq,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Our waterpark makes for great fun with the kids! We are happy that you booked the 2 room suite. They are amazing rooms for family. We are saddened that your breakfast experience was not everything that you expected and we have shared your comments with the restaurant. We encourage you to give them another try on your next visit.
Looking forward to visit #5!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

I have not stayed at this hotel, until Priceline gave me a great rate for this property.

Upon checkin, the hotel staff did not have my reservation. It did take several minutes to figure everything out, so that was not a great start.

My room however makes up for this. It was an incredible suite, with separate living area, 2 LCD TV's, clean bathroom and comfortable bed. That's everything you need, right? :) The heating and cooling did exactly what they were supposed to and the room cooled to my comfort. I will make one note about the heating and cooling unit. The switch for the always on is necessary. I was close to the elevator and the corridor areas had a little higher noise then I was expecting.

I did not make it to the indoor water park although it looked cool. I did however make it to the gym each of my 3 mornings. It was AWESOME, and had everything that I need in a gym. Nice cardio equipment, and solid weights. Also: 24 hour gym!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY COOL! (why can't other hotels have 24 hour gyms!???)

I did use the shuttle to downtown. Both going to downtown and coming back were easy. The driver was really nice.

So, my only experience that was out of normal was breakfast. I did find it a little strange to eat at a bar for breakfast. The food was good and the staff was friendly at the Union. I just found that part to be a little different. Usually most hotels have separate breakfast areas away from the bar.

Overall: Because of Priceline, this was an incredible value. I stay in Omaha a lot for business, and wish I could stay at this hotel more. I wish my company could get us a rate here! :(

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators and main corridors. Request high floor for quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank HI-Gold-Member
holiday1420, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Omaha Downtown Airport, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
HI Gold Member,
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Downtown Omaha for your recent stay. We are pleased to learn that you found your suite to be as incredible as we do. It is wonderful that you were able to take advantage of our amenities such as our 24 hour fitness area and shuttle bus. On your next stay, please make sure that you make time to give our waterpark a try. You will love it! Please do remember us when travels bring you to our great city again.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

My sister and I enjoyed our night at this Holiday Inn location. The beds are really wonderful and the room was comfortable with the temperature easy to control. I would ask for more pillows on another visit, as they were small, which is unusual. Every area of the hotel was sparkling clean. The pool area and water park was empty when we used the spa, which is really nice. There was a strong chlorine smell, but it is an outside activity area in an enclosed environment so that was not surprising. We read reviews on the attached sports bar and decided to avoid it. The Old Mattress Factory is very close and both food and service are awesome.
All hotel staff were helpful and professional. Especially the young gentleman who helped with check-in. I booked the room thru Priceline and often get a very negative response from hotel employees when checking in, but he told us "we are glad they sent you here!" Additionally, the printer in the public area was out of toner, but the front desk staff allowed us to use their computer to check in and print airline boarding passes. (Thanks!)
I am also happy Priceline sent me to this Holiday Inn. I will likely stay there again, especially if traveling with younger family members.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
holiday1420, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Omaha Downtown Airport, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your experiences on your recent stay with us. At Holiday Inn Downtown Omaha, our employees take great ownership in providing our guest with a grand experience that includes everything from the comfort of having a clean attractive atmosphere to that warm feeling of knowing our staff really cares about each and every guest. We boast the most comfortable beds in Omaha featuring King size beds in every room and are pleased that you enjoyed them. We look forward to your next visit!
Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

The room was very comfortable & the beds were great. Noise seemed to pass through the door from the hallway a bit, but it wasn't terrible. The 'water park' was small & a little cool, but it was good fun for the kids.

The round trip shuttle service to the old market area made the trip. They promptly took us to & from dinner which was a great convenience. We will stay here again if we are in the area.

Stayed November 2013
holiday1420, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Omaha Downtown Airport, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Tony T,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are please that you found your stay to be enjoyable and that you were able to take advantage of our shuttle service. We look forward to your next visit!
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

This is an excellent hotel to stay at, you won't be disappointed here. Great customer check-in experience, clean rooms, wonderful beds and overall a great place to stay. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Luv2gohike
holiday1420, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Omaha Downtown Airport, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Holiday Inn Downtown Omaha does have plenty of offerings for our guests. Great customer service, the most comfortable beds in Omaha, free shuttle service, and our facility is clean from top to bottom. We would love for you to visit us again!
Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

I was just about to book another hotel stay in Downtown Omaha and ran across this hotel as an option again. Wanted to post my review. We stayed here because we had an early flight out of OMA the next day. The hotel has nice sized rooms and for the most part, are clean. The management is unprofessional and does not tend to complaints. (Both Day and Night apparently, we spoke to some business travelers while at the restaurant/ bar and they indicated poor management all the way up). The front desk attendants are not friendly and when checking in acted as if we were an inconvenience to them. They are also not professional in appearance. We checked in for a good night's rest and we were unable to get to sleep due to a tremendous amount of noise. You can hear everything from the rooms and the light from the hallway was obvious into the room. The restaurant offered friendly staff, but service does take a while, so not a place to consider if you are looking for a quick bite. Appetizers and portions were good. Another FYI - the hotel is in an area where there are a lot of homeless people and the parking lot did not seem monitored. We decided to bring in all of our belongings. Parking lot is also awful. Spaces must be at minimum spacing requirements. We have a standard SUV (not oversized at all) and had a tight fit. I travel for business frequently would not recommend this hotel to any of my business constituents. There are a plenty of nicer hotels for the value and experience in the downtown area - I will return to staying in the Old Market part of Downtown Omaha.

Room Tip: Rooms nice size Nice amenities - room had refrigerator and microwave Noisy - you can hear everythi...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Number1Scout
holiday1420, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Omaha Downtown Airport, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to relay the unfortunate concerns you endured on your recent stay with us. Thanks to guests like yourself, we have an opportunity to give attention to situations that may require improvement. I obviously want to apologize for the inconveniences you had to deal with, and I promise we will share your comments with the appropriate staff members, so we can correct these issues. Thank you so much for your input, your patience, and and your patronage. I hope we will have the opportunity to regain your confidence one day in the near future. If we can be of any personal service please contact our GM directly. We ask that you reference your TripAdvisor user ID.
Idaho Falls, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

Had a business trip with an early flight out of Eppley so checked in late afternoon - front clerk Amalia was cheerful and efficient. Received a Platinum upgrade to a King mini-suite, which was huge, and had an expansive view to downtown Omaha. The room was clean and comfortable - a very open floor plan with a small kitchenette area, a living/office area and a comfortable bed. Standard HI amenities. The shuttle ride in the morning was exciting - our driver passed everything on the road and got us to the departures area in record time, with a constant stream of commentary.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Downtown Omaha. We truly appreciate your comments and your patronage.