“Huge Rooms, Nice Front Desk”

Holiday Inn Omaha Downtown Airport
Ranked #33 of 81 Hotels in Omaha
South Dakota
“Huge Rooms, Nice Front Desk”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Got here later in the evening on a weekday and had a pleasant check-in. Front desk staff speedy and nice. Our room had 2 king size beds and was huge and clean. Very nice. Did get back to hotel very late and wanted to have a quick drink at about 12:30. Bar/restaurant was locked up tight. It was a week night so I guess that is excusable. Parking was easy and free. Will definitely stay again!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
holiday1420, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Omaha Downtown Airport, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Downtown Omaha on your recent visit to Omaha. Our staff is exceptional and we are excited that you have recognized their talents. We look forward to your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

I know, I'm 14, but please hear me out.
I came here with my extended family to come for a little staycation. We came 2 years ago and it was absolutely perfect. This was not the same. The water park is wonderful, with a large slide, play park for the kiddies and babies, and a big pool with a very fun whirlpool. We all had a very enjoyable time. The only thing that killed it for us was the CHLORINE. Unbearable. Whether it was the chlorine, lack of circulation, or both, we could not stay in the pool area for more that 45 minutes to an hour at a time without going outside the building and actually getting oxygen into our systems.
The rooms on the other hand, were wonderful. The beds were extremely comfortable, the tv had great channels, and you had a great view of downtown omaha. The bathroom was beautiful with a granite shower. I personally liked that a lot. I would suggest that they put more than 2/3 pillows on a king bed.
Speaking of pillows, the service here was absolutely terrible. Check in was alright, but there were literally 2 people working the desk. I asked for some pillows at about 10 o'clock at night, and they said to wait for a minute or two before the could get me the pillows. They come to my room at 1 IN THE MORNING with pillows. The woman said nothing to me, no apology, and I shut the door and went back to bed.
The hotel has a restaurant. It is a very nice little sports bar. The staff, however, was very slow and unattentive. It took the single woman about 10 minutes to take our order. I ordered the steak pizza. It took the cook in the kitchen about 45 minutes to cook the pizza. I saw no other orders leave the kitchen. Either the woman there was very slow or, well, I don't have a clue. The pizza itself was so-so, but absolutely should not have taken 45 minutes to make.
The overall cleanliness of the hotel was exceptional. The staff do a wonderful job of keeping the lobby and bar clean.
So, all in all, this hotel does have wonderful rooms, a very clean lobby, and an exciting pool area. If I could give the staff suggestions on how to make this hotel better, I would say to either get more efficient staff or teach the staff more efficient ways, and to regulate the chemicals in the pool better/get better air circulation. I had a wonderful experience spending time with my family and plan to come back next year, hopefully with an even better experience to remember.

Stayed January 2014
5 Thank Cooper G
holiday1420, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Omaha Downtown Airport, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Cooper G.,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a thorough review of your stay with us at the Holiday Inn.
We have read the review in its entirety and would like to express our sincerest apologies for the poor experience you had during your stay. As one of the world's leading hotel brands, Holiday Inn strives to provide all guests with an outstanding experience from their arrival to ther departure; and although you did mention positive aspects about your stay, I am disappointed to hear that your overall experience was less than exceptional.

Having our own Water Park is something that we pride ourselves on, as we are the only hotel in the downtown Omaha/midtown area that has this amenity; therefore we want you to be able to enjoy it fully. The chlorine levels in the Swimming Pool, Water Park & Whirpool are routinely checked every four hours by a member our Engineering team; however, we have reported your experience and your concerns to the team and have since rectified the situation. We are extremely sorry that you experienced discomfort instead of enjoyment at our Water Park.

We appreciate your comments on our guest rooms and facilities here, and are VERY happy that you enjoyed your guest room!

Regarding your experience at check-in, we are very sorry for the time it may have taken to get you checked in and up to your room. It is our duty to ensure the check-in process for each guest goes as smoothly and as quickly as possible. With having Meeting & Event space at the hotel, there are often times when our hotel's occupancy is booked with large groups and pojected to have a high number of arrivals; sometimes resulting in periods of time where the check-in lines are longer than usual. Again we are sorry and are currently working closely with our Front Desk team on ways to improve the check-in process.

We thank you for your review and for providing us the feedback we need to improve our service to you and we hope to see you back again! If you have any further questions or concerns that you'd like to discuss, please feel free to contact us directly by phone at (402) 341-0124, or email us at www.guestservice@omahaholidayinn.com.
Cottonwood Heights, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Had a great weekend stay at the Holiday Inn in Downtown Omaha. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and very spacious. Maid service was very nice and maid very friendly. Hotel has a water park which is great for kids, but because the hotel is kid-friendly, it makes for some loud evenings. Because of the kids, the hot tub is actually only a "warm tub." Staff said they have to keep the temperature down because of the kids. That's probably the only downfall of this hotel, is the loud kids at night. Otherwise, an excellent hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Steve W
holiday1420, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Omaha Downtown Airport, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
So glad you enjoyed your stay! We are going to take a look at our Spa temperature and see what can be done for your next visit! Thanks for choosing our hotel for your Omaha overnight stay!!!!
Shawnee, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

This was our 4th stay at the hotel. Good place for kids. The hotel is new and clean. Rooms that we have stayed in are two room suites that make it good for families. But the reason to come is the mini-water park. It's has several things to do, is large enough to not feel too crowds and comes with room price. Mom and dad like being able to go to attached sports bar for a happy hour drink to bring back to pool area. One minor complaint is that the water could be a bit warmer. Spoke with management last visit but was told it was fine. The breakfast at attached sports bar is expensive and service is slow. Lots of families make hallways and rooms a bit noisy, but should be somewhat expected. Also the location downtown is ideal.

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank MarqReeves
holiday1420, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Omaha Downtown Airport, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Marq,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Our waterpark makes for great fun with the kids! We are happy that you booked the 2 room suite. They are amazing rooms for family. We are saddened that your breakfast experience was not everything that you expected and we have shared your comments with the restaurant. We encourage you to give them another try on your next visit.
Looking forward to visit #5!
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

I have not stayed at this hotel, until Priceline gave me a great rate for this property.

Upon checkin, the hotel staff did not have my reservation. It did take several minutes to figure everything out, so that was not a great start.

My room however makes up for this. It was an incredible suite, with separate living area, 2 LCD TV's, clean bathroom and comfortable bed. That's everything you need, right? :) The heating and cooling did exactly what they were supposed to and the room cooled to my comfort. I will make one note about the heating and cooling unit. The switch for the always on is necessary. I was close to the elevator and the corridor areas had a little higher noise then I was expecting.

I did not make it to the indoor water park although it looked cool. I did however make it to the gym each of my 3 mornings. It was AWESOME, and had everything that I need in a gym. Nice cardio equipment, and solid weights. Also: 24 hour gym!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY COOL! (why can't other hotels have 24 hour gyms!???)

I did use the shuttle to downtown. Both going to downtown and coming back were easy. The driver was really nice.

So, my only experience that was out of normal was breakfast. I did find it a little strange to eat at a bar for breakfast. The food was good and the staff was friendly at the Union. I just found that part to be a little different. Usually most hotels have separate breakfast areas away from the bar.

Overall: Because of Priceline, this was an incredible value. I stay in Omaha a lot for business, and wish I could stay at this hotel more. I wish my company could get us a rate here! :(

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators and main corridors. Request high floor for quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank HI-Gold-Member
holiday1420, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Omaha Downtown Airport, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
HI Gold Member,
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Downtown Omaha for your recent stay. We are pleased to learn that you found your suite to be as incredible as we do. It is wonderful that you were able to take advantage of our amenities such as our 24 hour fitness area and shuttle bus. On your next stay, please make sure that you make time to give our waterpark a try. You will love it! Please do remember us when travels bring you to our great city again.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

My sister and I enjoyed our night at this Holiday Inn location. The beds are really wonderful and the room was comfortable with the temperature easy to control. I would ask for more pillows on another visit, as they were small, which is unusual. Every area of the hotel was sparkling clean. The pool area and water park was empty when we used the spa, which is really nice. There was a strong chlorine smell, but it is an outside activity area in an enclosed environment so that was not surprising. We read reviews on the attached sports bar and decided to avoid it. The Old Mattress Factory is very close and both food and service are awesome.
All hotel staff were helpful and professional. Especially the young gentleman who helped with check-in. I booked the room thru Priceline and often get a very negative response from hotel employees when checking in, but he told us "we are glad they sent you here!" Additionally, the printer in the public area was out of toner, but the front desk staff allowed us to use their computer to check in and print airline boarding passes. (Thanks!)
I am also happy Priceline sent me to this Holiday Inn. I will likely stay there again, especially if traveling with younger family members.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
holiday1420, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Omaha Downtown Airport, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your experiences on your recent stay with us. At Holiday Inn Downtown Omaha, our employees take great ownership in providing our guest with a grand experience that includes everything from the comfort of having a clean attractive atmosphere to that warm feeling of knowing our staff really cares about each and every guest. We boast the most comfortable beds in Omaha featuring King size beds in every room and are pleased that you enjoyed them. We look forward to your next visit!
Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

The room was very comfortable & the beds were great. Noise seemed to pass through the door from the hallway a bit, but it wasn't terrible. The 'water park' was small & a little cool, but it was good fun for the kids.

The round trip shuttle service to the old market area made the trip. They promptly took us to & from dinner which was a great convenience. We will stay here again if we are in the area.

Stayed November 2013
holiday1420, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Omaha Downtown Airport, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Tony T,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are please that you found your stay to be enjoyable and that you were able to take advantage of our shuttle service. We look forward to your next visit!