“stay in January 2014”

Ranked #16 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“stay in January 2014”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

My stay was over two days and the staff was always friendly and helpful, especially the assistant manager, Emily, who handled the duties at the front desk and the breakfast area and business center with efficiency and a warm welcoming smile. My room was impeccably cleaned and the breakfast and lunch served were outstanding. I would highly recommend this hotel to families and business travelers alike.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Korean first
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 16 January 2014

As a Marriott Gold Member, I always try to stay at Marriott properties. I have to say Aksarben Village is my favorite of them all! Not only is it in a great location in Omaha (particularly if you are conducting business with the university) but the staff is friendly, courteous and always goes the extra mile to make a business traveler feel like they are at a "home away from home"!

Just a walk away from fabulous restaurants and bars in the fairly new "Aksarben Village", you don't even need to leave the property to get a great drink and conversation from bartender Zeinab! She is fun and pleasant to talk to! Also, Daniel at the front desk always has a smile on his face and is willing and able to go the extra mile to make your stay as pleasant as possible!

To make things even better - this is a Marriott property that offers its guests The Wall Street Journal!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nanci H
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I really like this particular property because of the central location in the city. It is so very quiet at night. I recently starting using swimming pools and whirlpools sting my travel and was disappointed that you didn't have whirlpool and the pool was teeny.

Positive suggestions: Keurig coffe maker in room would be nice along with a better coffee brand.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Pacbasina
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stayed at this Courtyard for the last time in August 2013. Upon my return home, there was an e-mail from this Courtyard asking for my feedback. I took the time to give my feedback that the biggest problem was the paper-thin towels with a minor issue that I did not receive a bill under my door on the morning of my checkout. I never received a response. I then wrote to Marriott corporate; they advised that they would pass my concerns along to this Courtyard and I still heard nothing. Several weeks later, I advised corporate that I had received no response, and they replied that this Courtyard told them they had contacted me. Never happened. I see in another review addressing the cheap towels that management said they were purchasing better ones; hope they do, but their lack of response has taken my business elsewhere when I am in Omaha.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Grand Island, Nebraska
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriot in Omaha for the week end. Very nice rooms and quit easy to get to. The room was very quiet and comfortable. There is construction going on next door, but didn't bother. Would stay again when in Omaha.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Wonderful hotel, even better staff. My family and I stayed here for the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Our rooms were spacious, very clean and fully stocked with the items we had made special requests of. The front desk staff were so curtious and friendly. We really got to know the restaurant and front desk staff while we were there. Those staff memebers really made us feel welcomed while we were away from home during the holiday. Housekeeping were great, they made sure we had lots of towels which is great as I have 3 messy boys! The lobby is clean with updated decor and comfortable to hang out in while waiting for our activites. The restaurant is great with Starbucks available all day long. I am a Gold Marriott Rewards member and I truly think this location is one of the best Marriotts ever!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The hotel was nice, clean, and very comfortable. The staff in the restaurant were also fantastic. The chicken noodle soup was just the thing for the cold night. The bed was just right and definitely helped me relax.

Room Tip: Elevators are really slow getting to and from the 4th floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Lee J, General Manager at Courtyard Omaha Aksarben Village, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Jhart687: Thank you so much for your nice review! I am so glad that you enjoyed yourself while you were here and we could make your stay great for you! We look forward to seeing you back in Omaha!