“Wedding guest accommodations”

Courtyard Omaha Aksarben Village
Ranked #16 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
“Wedding guest accommodations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Your location to the reception hall at Scott Conference Center was the biggest benefit to my family who traveled from out of town. The Market's microwave was so beneficial to allow for heating the baby food for my grandson and the lobby space was great for congregating to visit. The conference room and your employees that assisted with electronic setup for video and the bartender for the rehearsal dinner could not have been more helpful. Your ease of bringing in the caterer also allowed us to hold expenses down for this very special day. As mother of the bride I could not be more pleased with your accommodations. I THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jody P
Lee J, General Manager at Courtyard Omaha Aksarben Village, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Hi Jody P: Thank you so much for choosing our hotel to have all of your wedding guests stay at and have your rehearsal dinner at. I am so happy to hear that Melissa took good care of you in the meeting room and that the other employees helped make your stay wonderful. We hope to see you again at our hotel in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Korean first
Lone Tree, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed two nights and everything was great. Very friendly helpful staff. Convenient location and very nice area. Didn't eat at the hotel as there were several options close by. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandra K
Ord, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed here for a wedding and this hotel was better than expected. The rooms were big and clean. Really enjoyed the back court yard area. It was a great place to gather and have a beverage both nights we stayed. If you have an event in the Aksarben area I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Only complaint would be that the pool is small but not a big deal for us.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Welwyn, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here two nights while in Omaha on business.

It's a courtyard Marriott so you know what your getting. The room was ok, clean and it had a great shower but no bath but that was cool with me.

Unfortunately my fridge sounded like a monkey was inside playing with a bag of marbles so I had to unplug it!

Some of the light bulbs had blown in the room to so to me it needed someone to give the room some tlc.

I had breakfast one morning and it was ok but the coffee bar closed at 10am so the day we were working and meeting we couldn't get a coffee.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Colin_Welwyn
Temecula, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

While the hotel facility in itself was nice, a couple of areas could stand improvement. First of all, our bathroom floors were NOT clean, even tho the rest of the room was. The Bistro cafe, while a great way of grabbing breakfast or an afternoon/evening meal/drink, needs help. At one point there were at least 10 people waiting in line to be served and there was only ONE person handling everything - from taking orders to cooking to delivering meal. NOT ACCEPTABLE. If you are going to provide food service, you need to adequately staff the facility. Would I come back? Possibly. Would I look for a facility with better service? Yes. Also the front desk at times, was not adequately staffed.

Room Tip: Cafe food service needs improvement.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed here in June 2014 with a group of co-workers. The rooms are decent and well kept and the location is convenient with friendly and helpful front desk staff, but the bistro in the main lobby is a disaster! I have years of restaurant experience, so I get the concept they are trying to achieve, but the execution is terribly poor. The service is beyond slow and the staff are not trained on efficient food/beverage service, how to properly prepare food/beverages, or even customer service...major thumbs down. We ordered 3 egg sandwiches and literally watched them make & deliver one, then start all over and make & deliver the second, then start all over again and make & deliver the third. I did not get a single hello, smile or "thank you" from either of the two young ladies working behind the bistro counter. A co-worker asked for cream for her coffee and they brought her a carton of egg whites - thank goodness she noticed the carton label! There are no trash receptacles in sight and the bistro staff must not believe in cleaning and wiping down tables - at least put a trash can out there so guests can dispose of their own trash, rather than having a leaning tower of garbage sitting along the side of the tiny office-size trash can near the computer stations. The lobby was not busy, so as far as we were concerned there was no reason for them to stressed, upset or not happy to see us. 45+ minutes later, the three of us had finally all been served our egg sandwiches, I wish we would've just went to McDonald's...and I hate fast food!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Kristi J, Director of Sales at Courtyard Omaha Aksarben Village, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Hello Kate Y; Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take all feedback very seriously and apologize for the service you received at our Bistro. Training is ongoing at the hotel and your input will help us recognize areas that we need to focus on. I hope you will try our hotel again, on your future trips to Omaha.
Cary, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

My stay was very positive. The room was larger than I expected and had a refrigerator. The staff was friendly and accomodating. I had a couple requests and they were honored promptly. It's that kind of service that keeps me coming back to Marriott hotels.

I usually stay downtown, but was very pleased with this location. It is located within walking distance of restaurants, a movie theater, some shops, and the Sunday Farmer's Market.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mary C
Lee J, General Manager at Courtyard Omaha Aksarben Village, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hello Mary C: Thank you so much for you positive review of our hotel! We so happy to hear that everything was great and that we were able to help you so quickly! We hope to see you back at the Courtyard again!!