Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Omaha - 120th and Maple
Ranked #43 of 84 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed 6 June 2013

the hotel was clean. staff was very friendly. bed was comfy. continental breakfast was good but if that doesnt float your boat, there is a culver's right next to the hotel. (literally a few steps away) went there for dinner and it was awesome. my only complanit would be there was no fridge/microwave in the room but there is a microwave avail for use downstairs in the breakfast area. overall i would stay here again and would recommend to my friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Omaha - 120th and Maple, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2013

Dear celtics98,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We really appreciate all of your feedback. ,We hope you enjoyed your time in Omaha. We appreciate you telling us your concerns about the microwave and fridge. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you and future guests to the hotel. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip. It was convenienty located near my office. Here are my Pros/Cons opinions:

Pros:
1. The staff is extremely friendly. During my entire stay they were helpful and attentive.
2. Culvers (restuarant) in the parking lot - great food
3. Room comes with a daily pass to the 24-Hour fitness next store!
4. Breakfast was average but tasty! The lady running it was very friendly! Coffee was excellent!
5. The cleaning staff kept my room very clean!

Cons:
1. Bed still uses comfortors - I personally prefer hotels that use the duvet covers because I know they get washed more often.
2. The bed itself felt like it was lacking support. Not that it was pillow top, but that you kind of "sank" when sitting or laying on it.
3. The bathroom was atrocious. Old wallpaper that is peeling in some areas, old tile that needs grout work or better yet to be replaced all together and the shower head was the worst I seen in the last year while travelling. I think its time for an update.
4. Only complaint about the cleaning staff was she (he?) failed to restock the coffee condiments two of the days I was there and didn't restock the bathroom toiletries even though I had taken them to use at the gym.

Overall it was a pleasant stay and I plan to stay there again when I return to work in Omaha in June.

Room Tip: Stay as far away from the elevator as you can as it is very loud.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Omaha - 120th and Maple, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Dear Christina,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We really appreciate all of your feedback about your room. We are very sorry that you were not completely satisfied. When a guest provides us with feedback, we take it very seriously. We use guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much, we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed at this hotel the end of January for one night. The front desk was friendly. The rooms and furniture were very worn. The bathroom could use updating. The hotel and room was clean. Breakfast was nice and offered a good variety.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Motherof3Illinois
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Omaha - 120th and Maple, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Dear Motherof3Illinois,

Thank you so much for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments. We will pass your comments on to our staff. We hope you enjoyed your time in Omaha. Thank you for telling us your concerns about the need for an update at the hotel. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

I had a photo assignment in far western Omaha and this location was great. There aren't many hotels in this area but I'm glad I found this Country Inn & Suites.

I upgraded to a "suite" type room which had two spaces separated by a door with the bathroom in the middle of the two spaces. It worked out great for me. I like to be as far away from any possible hallway noises (door slamming, mainly) so this one was perfect for me. It had a tv in the main living space, but it was an old tube tv with far fewer channels than the bedroom flat screen tv had. Hopefully they'll change that old one out for a better picture quality and better channel selection. The room was clean and quiet and had everything I needed, including a small refrigerator and microwave which is always nice to have for a multi-day stay. The breakfast was great with hot selections every day: different egg dishes, real oatmeal, all sorts of pastries and juices and good coffee, etc. Since I had to be at a photo assignment early every day that I was there I had the breakfast room all to myself.

The front desk folks were super nice and greeted me every morning and even warned me a couple of mornings that it was slippery out. Who does that anymore?! That was a nice surprise that they cared enough to let a total stranger know that it was slippery outside. The pool and hot tub looked great but I didn't have time to use either one, and I didn't see anyone else in there so it would have been great to have that all to myself, too. There's a Culver's restaurant literally right next door so I had their salads a few times during my stay. There are a few other places within a mile or two, but not really much else within reasonable walking distance. Although, if folks walked a mile each way to pick up their fast food, maybe we'd all be healthier..

I'd highly recommend this hotel and I'll stay here again if / when my business takes me to this part of Omaha again. It's a nice, quiet area and a great older hotel that was clean and quiet during my stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Omaha - 120th and Maple, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

Dear ScottyG777,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We hope you enjoyed your time in Omaha. We value all guest feedback. We will pass it on to our staff. They always enjoy hearing when they are doing a good job. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you wil stay with us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Omaha

Reviewed 3 January 2013

Stayed here for 1 night with my husband and 2 kids. Service was excellent. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean and spacious, as we had a 1 room suite with a king sized bed and pull out sofa. We asked the front desk staff if she recommended any place close for dinner and she sent us to a restaurant close by. Was excellent food and very nice and welcoming people. We did encounter a couple of issues. Our toilet was clogged when we checked in but the front desk staff brought up a plunger right away. There must have been some issues in the hotel as they called later that night to retreive the plunger as some other guests needed it as well. The other thing was the breakfast the next morning. I've stayed at several Country Inn & Suites and most of the time the breakfast is pretty good but this one was pretty disappointing. There wasn't much for selection, 3 hot items which included potatoes, egg patties and sausage and then the normal, yogurt, muffins, cereal but that's about it. When we got to the breakfast room, there were no eggs, 2 pieces of sausage and a couple of smaller bowls of cereal and no staff in sight to refill. There was a sign near the milk that said "fat free milk availble upon request" but there was no one to make a request to. As we were leaving, I did see a woman come out of a small room and take some dishes away but not refill the food. All in all not a bad stay as the service sure helps things but a few improvements could be done.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Omaha - 120th and Maple, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Dear TOurDesigner,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate all guest feedback. Thank you for telling us about your concerns about the bathroom, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We also appreciate your thoughts about the breakfast service. We are always trying to find better ways to make this service better. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

Stayed here for a few nights over Christmas and this hotel is exactly what I thought it would be; a clean, no frills, well-run hotel.

The front desk staff were friendly and professional during check in and check out, letting us know when breakfast was served and if we needed help finding any locations we were going to be visiting.

The hotel itself is clean and well serviced, with the room being comfortable and reasonably spacious. The only knock on the room was that the television was an old tube-style (do they still make those???), but it worked okay. The bed and linens were clean, and all the fixtures worked.

The hotel does have an indoor pool (kinda small) but does not have a gym. A breakfast if offered but the selection is limited, even for continental-style.

This is by no means an "exciting" property with anything historic nearby, and has no real view, but it is a basic place to stay that is clean, quiet and an excellent value.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Omaha - 120th and Maple, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

Dear Kula762,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us! We appreciate all of your comments and feedback. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very sorry we do not have an onsite gym for our guests. We do however give free passes to our guests to the 24 hour fitness that is right next door to the hotel. We are very sorry for the inconvenience. We appreciate all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

I have been staying at this location for the last 8 years. I have always been greeted with hospitality. Pam is one of the most caring people you will ever meet. If you ever have a problem - she will fix it immediately! There are other places to stay, but they ALWAYS make me feel at home ~

Room Tip: This property went through a remodel in the last 2 years - all of the rooms are nice! They also do...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Omaha - 120th and Maple, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Dear Jim J,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all your thoughts. We are so glad that you are one of our loyal guests. We appreciate you staying with us. Thank you for all your kind words about Pam. We will pass those comments on to her. Our employees always enjoy hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you so much for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.