“Positive review, but for only one thing.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha West
Ranked #39 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This nice little place is tucked back away from the city of Omaha but only minutes from the Old Market. Great price for a clean and quiet room. Spacious, but nothing fancy. If you want fancy, spend twice as much and go stay down town. Otherwise, the shuttle will take you there for free! The front desk people are smiling and good folks. The pool is nice, the hot tub is fine. The rooms are fine. Comfortable and smell clean. Housekeeping is lovely.
Had just one issue. We had an older guy who was working the late Saturday night shuttle driving. After being picked up after a pizza and a beer in the Old Market, he decided to share his political views with us. We were not impressed. In fact I was quite offended as he declared his problem with my Native American heritage. I know this has little to do with our otherwise pleasant stay, but it was unnecessary. My husband heard him talking on his walkie talkie about having to pick up four more 'bar flies' before his shift was done. Kind of sickened me with his incredibly quietly, superior and unprofessional attitude. If I were to meet him again, he would hear my opinion of him. As would the Manager.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Pam D, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha West, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

I don't believe this is the hotel in West Omaha. We do not have a city shuttle, and never have.
We also do not have any walkie talkies at this Hotel.

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Omaha West

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We recently stayed here for four nights for a baseball tournament our son was in. The hotel was almost sold out, as the College World Series was going on at the same time. The hotel never felt overcrowded or loud. We initially had an issue in that they separated us from the rest of our team, but thanks to Pam we were able to move to the same floor as the rest of our team. They even moved all of our stuff for us into the new room! They were very friendly and accommodating with all of our families, especially when 10 hungry baseball players would come in and devour all of the fresh cookies! I will say the pool is really, REALLY small....when all of our players were in there is was full. It was very hot the week we were there, and I think they were having a little issue with the A/C; all of our rooms were really humid. The breakfast is decent, enough choices for everyone to have something. The location is great because there is a 24hr fitness right behind the hotel, and they give you privileges as a guest. There is also a Culver's in the parking lot, and some great local places to eat and get coffee within walking distance. It's not far from downtown Omaha either. Would definitely stay here again if given the chance.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor are slightly bigger than on the first floor; they do have a few "suites...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Pam and her staff offer "over and above" customer service and are just super nice people! Breakfast is excellent. Coffee, tea and cookies!!:) available all the time. Omaha World Herald and USA Today everyday, great indoor pool and hot tub-- really great since it RAINED everyday:) The King Suite is so comfortable. ..lots of room. Will definitely stay again and encourage all of you to try it!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My family went to Omaha to go to the zoo and chose this hotel for two nights. This hotel was not busy and was therefore very quiet and was located in a nice quiet area of town. The room was spacious for the three of us and the pool area was clean and the water warm. The pool was not too deep, which was ideal for our 5 year old. The breakfast was good and plentiful and there was coffee and cookies in the lobby throughout the day. The staff was always extremely friendly and attentive (except that our room did not get made up on the second day...but we did not make a fuss either so they didn't get the chance to fix it). We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I just wanted to say that the Country Inn & Suites, Omaha West is the only place to stay when going to Omaha. ALL of their staff are amazing!! I felt very welcomed there and never once did I feel like I was being an inconvenience! The hotel was very clean and comfortable! I highly recommend staying at the Omaha West Country Inn and Suites. I promise you won't be disappointed!! Huge Kudos to Pam and her crew!! - Jvonne

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Was at this Hotel for 2 nights in January for meetings in the area. The rooms were really clean and spacious plus the staff were very friendly. I enjoy the breakfast which was nothing huge, but really just what I wanted. The shuttle staff should also be noted as they were very helpful with everything,

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business