“Best Pizza in Town!”

Dining options: Delivery
Omaha, NE
“Best Pizza in Town!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We discovered Mangia by accident shortly after they opened. They are located in a small converted house in Irvington so not on a main street. We are so glad we found them! They have, by far, the best pizza in town! The crust is perfect, the sauce is good, the spices make the pizza even better! We usually get the pizza to-go as the dining area is just too small, even after they've expanded. The only downside is that they are so busy and orders often take 30 min. to an hour before they are ready to be picked up so order ahead of time. My son also loves their ravioli and a friend of mine highly recommends their lasagna. I haven't tried many of the other menu items because I always crave their pizza!

• Visited February 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,597 helpful votes
“Mangia's dining in....”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I ate at Mangia's for the first time after having their food for a wedding reception. I had the meatballs for an appetizer and the red sauce was sweet and the meatballs were not round but squarish - but delicious. I would eat them again for sure. Then I had a bowl of cheddar brocolli soup which also was quite good. The rolls were not warmed which I do not understand. Why would I want to eat room temperature rolls instead of warmed rolls? Not impressed. The main dish was cheese and meat tortellini with white sauce. The dish was okay but not something that I would order again. I liked the red sauce a lot and would recommend getting a dish with red sauce instead of white. The pizza looked and smelled delicious. Worth a try for sure. Service was friendly and efficient. There are about 8 tables only in the dining room. Carry out only M-Th and dining room open on Fridays and Saturdays. Cost is reasonable and equal to that of most other Italian places.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank AlexanderDelarge
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Franchise pizza places are everywhere but the real treat is something local that also happens to be delicious. This is such a place. They have the best veggie pizza I have ever eaten as well as a variety of other excellent options. The place is very small so you don't go there for the atmosphere but they do an incredible take out business (50 minute wait last night). Love this place.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank upintheair-OMA
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Very Good Pizza, Excellent Staff”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Long story short, in desperation, we ordered from our hotel for delivery after our first hotel-recommended pizza place wouldn't deliver. The gal who took our phone order at Mangia was friendly and helpful and honest about the fact that they had four delivery orders ahead of ours, which would put our delivery at least 45 min. out. As it was already 8:00 p.m., we opted to pick up our order, which was a 25 min. roundtrip. When we arrived, the young staff thanked us for going out of our way and supplied us with extra plasticware and plates, parmesan cheese, and crushed red pepper. Oh, and the pizza and salads were excellent, too! Tired travelers with happy tummies!

• Visited August 2013
“Best pizza in Omaha”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I love trying out new pizza places because (usually) they are all different in flavor and ingredients. I would say Mangia Italiana is in my top 3 favorite pizza places. I have not experienced a lot of pizza places yet in Omaha to compare to, but I have done some travel to other states and countries that I can compare Mangia to.
They offer a wide range of different pizza choices along with other favorite Italian dishes. The bruschetta was fantastic as well....you get three very large pieces of bread which makes a meal itself. This restaurant is small and has limited indoor and outdoor seating, but they also offer carryout or limited delivery options. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited July 2013