“Nice”

Ranked #51 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We did not get in until 9 and were out by 10 the next morning but experience was nice. Rooms were clean. Breakfast good. Did not get a chance to enjoy the pools and I so wish I had a room in the courtyard area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Inn at the Zoo, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Terri,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We value all of your feedback.. We hope next time you will be able to enjoy the amenities. We strive to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Comfort Inn Omaha Zoo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Pilger, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We planned a family trip to the zoo and wanted a motel closest to the zoo to get the whole family up and ready to go. What a very good decision that we made. Very nice and clean rooms, wonderful breakfast, nice pool area. Customer service was the best.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Amber,

Thank you for telling us about your visit. We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us during your family trip to the zoo. We value you feedback, and will pass it on to your staff. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Fort Gratiot, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel the middle of July. The room was clean. When I booked the room, I asked about internet, and I was assured there was access in the rooms. There wasn't any signal in our room. I was given a number to call to have it restored, and after 1/2 hour with someone the internet was restored then went down within minutes. I told the front desk, and she apologized and promised me extra reward points (which really doesn't mean a lot since we do not travel that much). I never received the extra point anyway. We will be staying there again, as the location is convenient, and the rooms and hallways are very clean.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lori C
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Inn at the Zoo, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Lori,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are really sorry for the inconvenience with the internet service. We will pass this feedback on to our tech team. We are very sorry . Thank you for the feedback. We use feedback to make changes to the hotel to make changes to the hotel to make it better. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Grand Junction, MI
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a decent place to stay while traveling down I-80, this place fits the bill. Our room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was typical and sufficient. BUT Here's some heads-up info: the pool is very small and quite "chemically" enhanced. I'm all for a clean swimming experience, but the odor was an assault on my senses. Also, the pool is situated just as you enter the front lobby, complete with lots of windows for a nice, full view - not the most conducive layout for anyone who is self-conscious in their swimsuit. Oh, and it was so full of kids jumping in from the side over and over and over, it wasn't worth getting in. The pool room is so tiny, the adults were hugging the sides of the walls to avoid the inevitable overflow of the continual cannonballs. AND You should probably purchase your room online. I called ahead to ask about room availability and prices and was told rooms started at $97.99. I booked the room online from my phone a few minutes later through choicehotels.com for $75.99... Overall, it was a decent place. We left feeling rested and the place didn't smell weird like some other hotels I've stayed at that leave you with that not-so-fresh feeling.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Travelista076
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Inn at the Zoo, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Travelista,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. Thank you for telling us your concerns about the pool area. We are very sorry that you were not completely satisfied with this are of the hotel. We are sorry if you were inconvenienced. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. We use guest feedback to make changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Independence, Missouri
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

When we planned our trip my daughter booked the hotel closest to the Zoo. And it was. We could see the dome and here the apes in the evening. It really was nice. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The free breakfast was better than some places we've stayed which was a nice change. It was close downtown and we felt very safe. The girls just loved the pool and swam every night we were there.

Stayed April 2014
Dear Jo B,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are glad that you and your family stayed with us. We are glad that they enjoyed the pool area. We value your feedback. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I'm usually comfortable staying at Comfort Inns, but this one bordered on questionable. First, the location one block off of 13th Street is convenient -- it's just north of the Zoo, and a few blocks south of The Old Market and many other downtown attractions.

However, this stretch of 13th Street reminds me of a part of Kansas City KS (my town) where I would not be comfortable traveling at night. Maybe this part of Omaha is perfectly safe, but the similarity in appearances caused me a bit of concern.

There is no elevator in the motel. I can't remember the last time I stayed in a Choice Hotels property that did not have an elevator to the upper floors.

I don't know if our AC wasn't working properly or whether it was just too small a unit to handle the heat and humidity while we were there. I'm accustomed to being able to turn a motel room into an "icebox" (we like it on the cool side for a good night's sleep), but even with the room unit set at 60° and full fan running continuously, it never did get cool enough for our comfort. We didn't say anything to the front desk, figuring we were spending such a little amount of time in the room that it was easy enough to just stop at Walgreens and buy a small oscillating fan.

The room seemed clean, and the only odors I detected were cleaning solutions. The bed was a bit softer than we prefer, but would be perfect for most people. On the other hand, it was not too soft, so we slept just fine. Plenty of pillows, with a choice of firmness was a nice thing to find. The towels and washcloths in the bathroom were fluffy, bright white, and stain free.

The microwave and small refrigerator in the room were nice to have, although we didn't need them.

On our last night there, I smelled cigarette smoke. I could never figure out whether someone was standing outside beneath our windows - which would have been strange, since there was nothing there except trees, saplings and weeds -- or whether someone in a room on either side of us or below us was smoking contrary to the motel's no smoking policy.

The breakfast was poor. The scrambled eggs and sausage were cold; the biscuits and gravy were cold. The yogurt was acceptable. The coffee did not taste like brewed coffee -- it seemed to be instant coffee -- or else it was such a poor quality brewed coffee. After the first morning eating there, we opted to have our breakfast the next day at McDonald's up the street.

It seemed to be a child-friendly place, as there were many families with small children there. I love children, but if you don't, you probably won't want to stay here in the summer.

Room Tip: If you don't like climbing stairs, request a first-floor room. There is no elevator.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Kim,

Thank you for telling us about your visit to the hotel. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns about the hotel. We are very sorry that you were not satisfied with the breakfast service, or the ac in your room. We will bring these concerns to our staff. We use feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Idaho
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Hubby (65), myself (60), daughter, SIL, grandkids (ages 6 & 3) stopped here during a cross country trip for one night. We found a room at this property which had two queen beds and a fold-out sofa and accommodated all of us. . . which kiddies find so much fun . . .

+/- A clean property, but it is a little older and decor is on the dark side
+/- Breakfast was pretty typical for this chain; it was o.k. . . . .not like the one we experienced in the Cheyenne, WY property which seemed to be "stepped up" a little
+ Beds and pillows were comfy
+/- The room was actually huge, with one Queen and fold out sofa in one room and the other Queen actually in a room by itself. +> Two televisions ->The bed set off by itself was in a room with no door; no privacy and we really couldn't use both tvs at once as the sound competed +Microwave, fridge and a second sink
+/- Bathroom roomy enough, but for a room this size which accommodates six people, the vanity should not be in the same area as the stool/shower-tub to maximize efficient use

- If you are looking for a pool area in which to relax after a long day at the zoo, might want to try another property. --No hot tub -- Pool is small; maximum capacity is 30

Since we were only "passing through" the Omaha area, this hotel did suit our needs. The kids are young enough that the pool fulfilled the promise of "you get to go swimming" after a long day's drive. However, for adults, this area left a little to be desired.

For an overnight stay, I'd go here again. For a special occasion, probably not.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Keyboardlady,

Thank you for telling us about our stay with us. Thank you for your very detailed review. We are so glad your family stayed with us. Thank you for mentioning your concerns. We will use your feedback to make changes to the hotel to make it better. Thank you for choosing us. We hope to see you again in the future.

Comfort Inn at the Zoo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Omaha
Days Inn & Suites Omaha NE
New Victorian Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs-I-29
Hyatt Place Omaha Downtown Old Market
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#64 of 82 in Omaha
Best Western Plus Kelly Inn

Been to Comfort Inn at the Zoo? Share your experiences!