“I am being generous. Too pricey, too far, and too little.”

Dante Ristorante Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Dante Ristorante Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 1,361 Restaurants in Omaha
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 168th & Center
Description: Italian wine, hyper-seasonal, wood-fired Italian & Neapolitan pizza in Omaha.
“I am being generous. Too pricey, too far, and too little.”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Let me start out with a disclaimer. I am from New York, and any attempts to try to emulate my beloved New York pizza is, in my opinion, heresy. Dante pizzeria was the target of our Epicurean desire tonight. We were inspired by a link from Zagat which presented the best 50 pizzerias the 50 states. As we were near Omaha, Nebraska, we decided to try this pizzeria which was named by Zagat. We drove about 50 miles round-trip. Would the pizza be worth the effort?

For almost $18, we were immediately disappointed by the size and weight of this pizza. It was flimsy. It barely satisfied the three of us; in fact we had to supplement our meal with leftover spareribs that we had had the previous night in Kansas City. No pizza should leave me hungry. This is a fact that was specially punctuated by the cost of the pizza. Who does Dante think they are? Are they in the middle of Wall Street or the Bronx in New York City? I don't think so.

That being said, my disclaimer in this process of review must be made. Yes, NJ my Eidetic grow up in the New York metropolitan area. That being said, however, I am open to experiencing pieces from different locations. This particular brand did not disappoint, but it still falls short of a classic pizza taste.

Let me tell you why. The crust was overly delicate. It was almost as if the pizza were prepared on a layer of phyllo dough. This is not the consistency that crust should have. It was not offensive, but it was not worthy of the highest level of praise.

So, enough of beating up this pizza for its tiny size and big price. What they put on the pizza was downright delicious. We ordered a pie with onions, peppers, and sausage. The sausage was appropriately delicious. The peppers were fresh and tasty. The onions appeared to have been sautéed before you put on the pizza. Although the cheese and sauce were both a little scans, overall the presentation and taste of the pizza was outstanding.

That being said, the authors of this recipe still have some areas of opportunity to create a dish which is wholesomely satisfying and economically worthwhile to purchase. They are on to a great start with the taste of the pizza, but until they can feed two adults and one child without them having to resort to a half rack of ribs from the previous nights leftovers, the highest level of rating will have to be withheld.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Nick G

Omaha, Nebraska
“Needs work”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Have not been to this restaurant for over a year. Decided to give it another shot after not being that impressed in the past. Still not that good. Service was marginal. Our waiter ( I think his name was Brett ) was terrible. For the money, there are much better pizza options in Omaha.

1 Thank DJW1638
Omaha, Nebraska
“Never a bad meal!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great Happy Hour food and drink. Always good meals and pleasant service. This is a great place for couples or families.

1 Thank dkdtNE
Dayton, Ohio
“Authentic Naples pizza”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We had a wonderful trip to Naples and the Amalfi coast in April 2013. This is the best Napoletana style pizza we have had since then. We tried lots of the appetizers and they were very good as well. Happy hour cocktails and drinks were good as well.

Iowa
“A lovely place for lunch . . .”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Enjoyed this little restaurant very much with it's contemporary atmosphere. Had lunch with a friend, she wanted pizza and I wanted a good salad. This place was perfect. Their pizza is wonderful and they had a great lunch special that offered you a smaller portion of pizza along with a salad. Their "greens" salad was unique and delicious. Great Italian wine list too. I would definitely return to this restaurant. Enjoyed the shops at Legacy following our lunch and that was fun experience too. Can't wait to be back in Omaha to try this place again.

• Visited May 2014