“Just right spice for me”
Review of Kurry Xpress

Kurry Xpress
Ranked #777 of 1,372 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Friendly helpful service at counter. Fresh taste n spice. Good value for food. Order at counter. If eating in pick up your own plastic wear & food at counter. Keeps cost down! Had Chicken Kurry & tandoori Naan. I enjoyed food n visit.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

If your looking for authentic indian food this is your place to go. There is nt much place to sit, but the food is AMAZING!! I have been to all the indian restaurants in Omaha and this is the best of all , plus its not too costly. The ambience is nt too good. I would recommend the chicken biryani and gobhi manchurian!! Its super yum, Can t wait to go back! :)

1  Thank yellow005
Reviewed 11 August 2010

I really enjoyed the food today at Kurry Xpress. It is just a low cost, low budget fast food place. You order at the front like a McDonalds and serve yourself,but pay as you leave. The young Indian guy who took my order was friendly enough,better than your fast food chain employee. It did take a bit longer,but I noticed they cook the food fresh. The Naan Bread and my potato and vegetable plate was spicy (as I requested) and delicious. True you get your drink out of a can or use the drinking fountain for free water,but you can not beat the food or low price. There seemed to be a steady stream of take out orders coming in,but three other tables had customers. The Indian Television dance show they had on the television was funny and interesting. I'll be back.

1  Thank justaguy123
Reviewed 11 August 2010

This is the first time I am ever doing a review on any thing. About a month a ago we have been to Kurry Express and the food was great and the service was excellent and I had told a lot of my friends to go there. Now I am so sorry I ever did that. I was there tonight. The Service was very very bad. The guy who was in the front taking the orders behaved as if he was doing me a huge favor. Then he did not have the stuff that I ordered. This is the only Restaurant that I at least came across that does not have half of the stuff on the Menu available. So then he gave a list of what are the few things that are available. I was hungry and was tired and did not drive to another place and I thought at least the food would be good. So I went ahead and ordered the food. On my way home I called couple of Friends who was with me when I was there about a month ago and they both said they had stopped going to Kurry Express as the Service was the worst ever and they are even behaving arrogantly as if they are doing the customer a huge favor and the quality of food even became very poor quality. After I went home and when I opened the food packets, they are very tiny minuscule amounts almost half of what they used to serve and the food was either too spicy or too salty. I am glad that I did not take all my colleagues for the dinner as we were originally supposed to have a dinner gathering but was canceled in the last minute. Over all, go to well established places that has a reputation. Kurry Express guys bit more than they could swallow and they could not maintain the quality and they do not have a clue what is customer service. I would never ever go back there or recommend any of my friends.

Reviewed 22 July 2010

My wife and I have visited Kurry Xpress twice now, and the experience has been virtually identical both times.

Pros: GREAT food! Excellent value. Nice people.

Cons: Absolutely no ambiance. Very long wait for your order. I am 100% sure they forgot our order this last time. Fifteen minutes after we ordered, someone noticed us sitting there with no food, went back into the kitchen, and yelled at someone. Ten minutes later we were fed. The restaurant has all the warmth of an operating room. The walls are stark white, or a mind-shattering orange.

The food is served on paper plates, and the pop is in cans. This might be off-putting to some people, but I did not care at all. I hope these areas are all start up shortcomings which can be overcome. The food is outstanding, and deserving of a far better restaurant experience.

1  Thank Charlie_from_Omaha