“UNIQUE CONCEPT”

Element Omaha Midtown Crossing
Ranked #24 of 83 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Hotel was in a great location. Very clean and each room has a full kitchen. Breakfast is included each morning. Since this is a limited service property, I would definitely make plans to grocery shop in the market attached to the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Element Omaha Midtown Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

We appreciate the time you took to share your review. We are happy to hear our convenient full kitchens in our guest rooms fit your needs well and you enjoyed our ideal location set in the heart of Midtown Crossing. We hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in Omaha so that we may provide you with another exceptional stay. Thanks again!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I recently stayed here for the first time. Personal visit to Omaha for four days. I loved the layout of my room and the added benefit of the small but very complete kitchen. The bathroom was to die for. I had a lovely corner room (thank you to the desk staff) and it was very quiet even being on Dodge street.
I only had breakfast once and considered it to be average and not the healthy options the in room propaganda or the website touted. The pantry is a very nice benefit but being adjacent to the wonderful grocery store is the best of all. Parking was so convenient and easy for someone who needed to come and go during the days.
I used the workout area several times and thought it was great.

My only gripe with the hotel was that my living room furniture was dirty and stained. I pointed it out to the desk staff and they immediately steam cleaned the furniture. The furniture is really light colored and there aren't good pieces of furniture for eating in this style of room. I imagine they might have this problem frequently. But for service recovery, they get two thumbs up.

I would stay here again and hope to take advantage of more of the area in better weather. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are nice! This hotel seems to have a lot of different room options so I would call or...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 February 2014

For Valentine's Day 2014, I decided to take the wife for a nice evening in Omaha. Close to home, but don't have to worry about driving home. We got a great deal on the room, which had a King bed, sofa, flat screen, full size fridge, microwave, stove top, dishwasher, large shower. Everything is very modern looking, and the room was clean. Our room on the 7th floor, room 735, looked out over Turner Park, which is nicely decorated and lit up at night. The service was very professional, and pleasant. The complimentary breakfast was a mix of cereal, bakery, fruit, pancakes, white cranberry, apple, and orange juice, and the only drawback was dry egg/cheese/bacon biscuits. There is a nice lobby area with plenty of seating, a large TV, and two computers to use for free. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor with a view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel overall is contemporary and clean, they are big on the green initiative. The room was big enough and had full kitchen amenities. Overall, a very pleasant stay. I would recommend staying at this hotel. The breakfast was absolutely wonderful and fresh!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2014

My wife and I decided to make a little getaway from our small town, down to Omaha. We looked at the top 20 hotels in Omaha and couldn't justify the $150+ for a downtown hotel. We came across the Element and thought the pictures looked nice and the rooms looked decent. All the pictures were true to the room we received. If you don't know Element is by Westin. One thing I love about the Westin is the White Tea smell when you walk in the door, they had this there too! I wish our hallway would have smelt like that too. However, everything was perfect and very modern and eco-friendly. Perfect stay for a small price, close to downtown and right off Dodge St. to take you where you need to be! Oh and their room service is Crave, this is one of my wife's and mine favorite restaurant up in Minneapolis, pleased to see it here!

Room Tip: Pay for $8 overnight parking to come and go as you please. Also check out the grocery store on level...
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I had never stayed in, nor been to Midtown Crossing. I was hesitant when Priceline gave me this room after I'd requested "downtown". But, this was great. The room was great, loved having the fridge & other kitchen amenities. Slept great on the bed, hotel was very quiet. I enjoyed the large window & natural sunlight. I think this would be a great option for an extended stay. Also, we loved having the Grocery store right there, very nice.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

My husband and I love this place. So comfortable. Great grocery right next door. Fun area near great local restaurants (don't do cantina laredo, fyl) and the service is very good, very friendly. We love having a full kitchen and the room layouts.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Element Omaha Midtown Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted to learn you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that our relaxing accommodations and amenities fit your needs well. We look forward to the next opportunity we have to welcome you back. Thanks again and take care!